What Needs to Change in 2019-20?

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Who cares if it is true or not Bobby c has a the freedom of speech. We will find out from other sources of similar or not stories. This site I for entertainment only no matter who you are. Let’s make this enjoyable no matter who stays or goes. Build the best roster possible for next year! Go get archie

Because this kind of thing is what hurts this program and fan base because I will bet you that other coaches uses this thing in negative recruiting.  They will say why go to U and play in those mess and play for these idiot fans that will spread rumors even if they are not true.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Just to clear things up I think it’s all a load of crap with no truth at all. I thought about not posting it but I’ve found out a lot of things because posters are willling to share info on here so I decided to post it and just see what others thought. 

Yeah I do too, that's why I didn't post it when I heard it. 

Maybe you are right I don’t know but I would think this stuff happens everywhere and I wouldn’t think most would care about the little drama. I do want to know what happened to the program I just don’t think hiding facts is a good idea being over protective of the program on a message board I think is most ridiculous. Some of the crap spewed on here has no interest to me but that’s just me but I do want to know what happened this year and any other information that becomes available. People act like you are protecting a young child we are talking a major university sports program. If you are worried about this stuff you need to grow a pair as do any future players that want to play on the big stage

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

Maybe you are right I don’t know but I would think this stuff happens everywhere and I wouldn’t think most would care about the little drama. I do want to know what happened to the program I just don’t think hiding facts is a good idea being over protective of the program on a message board I think is most ridiculous. Some of the crap spewed on here has no interest to me but that’s just me but I do want to know what happened this year and any other information that becomes available. People act like you are protecting a young child we are talking a major university sports program. If you are worried about this stuff you need to grow a pair as do any future players that want to play on the big stage

I agree that many are too soft, but at the same time, I don't believe in giving anyone an unnecessary black eye (there are laws against such language spoken or printed - hiding behind a message board handle spewing whatever one wants can be viewed as cowardly and I too can say for one doing so to "grow a pair".  It goes both ways).  I also agree that something happened this year to effect chemistry.  That knowledge is enough for me without getting into specifics.  As it's a basketball program to be consumed with my eyes, I do not need to know everything that goes into it, like food.  You mentioned not hiding facts, again, I agree, let's wait until they are facts before calling them such.

18 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I agree that many are too soft, but at the same time, I don't believe in giving anyone an unnecessary black eye (there are laws against such language spoken or printed - hiding behind a message board handle spewing whatever one wants can be viewed as cowardly and I too can say for one doing so to "grow a pair".  It goes both ways).  I also agree that something happened this year to effect chemistry.  That knowledge is enough for me without getting into specifics.  As it's a basketball program to be consumed with my eyes, I do not need to know everything that goes into it, like food.  You mentioned not hiding facts, again, I agree, let's wait until they are facts before calling them such.

I agree with some of what you say but I am not just talking about the rumors about the players I am also wondering about the staff,administrators. You may not be interested in specifics of the team and staff but I definitely would like to know what goes on in practice and workouts. It is a part of life now with the information exchange of people that personal information gets involved I am not a big fan of that but it is a part of it. Remember when knight was bragging about Buckner kicking mays ass in practice by punching him. Things have changed and people are soft but once information is out out there it gets passed along quickly. There are plenty of rumors floating around about this team some are probably true some may not be. By the way you hide well behind your key board as does most of the population. I would like to know what type of nutrition the athletes receive. You can go threaten other people with your condescending attitude of being self righteous and I am not seeking anyone’s approval for my concern or interest in the hoosiers

2 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I agree with some of what you say but I am not just talking about the rumors about the players I am also wondering about the staff,administrators. You may not be interested in specifics of the team and staff but I definitely would like to know what goes on in practice and workouts. It is a part of life now with the information exchange of people that personal information gets involved I am not a big fan of that but it is a part of it. Remember when knight was bragging about Buckner kicking mays ass in practice by punching him. Things have changed and people are soft but once information is out out there it gets passed along quickly. There are plenty of rumors floating around about this team some are probably true some may not be. By the way you hide well behind your key board as does most of the population. I would like to know what type of nutrition the athletes receive. You can go threaten other people with your condescending attitude of being self righteous 

My apologies if you felt threatened or that I came off as condescending and self-righteous.  Either way, I felt my post based in fact and attempted my best to reciprocate exactly what you dealt while trying to fully understand your position.  One of the best ways for me to understand a position is to full on challenge it from multiple angles.  If it doesn't move, I have learned a great deal whether I agree with it or not.  Thanks for your responses 👍

Just now, PoHoosier said:

My apologies if you felt threatened or that I came off as condescending and self-righteous.  Either way, I felt my post based in fact and attempted my best to reciprocate exactly what you dealt while trying to fully understand your position.  One of the best ways for me to understand a position is to full on challenge it from multiple angles.  If it doesn't move, I have learned a great deal whether I agree with it or not.  Thanks for your responses 👍

No apologies necessary I am not as well spoken as you and some others I am usually direct in trying to explain myself. I post on my phone while I am doing other things and don’t always come across properly when I write my thoughts while I am busy or even not. I enjoy the back and forth and I too sometimes say things to see what kind of opinions come back. All is good in my book. I am not saying I want every detail but I do have an interest in knowing all I can about  the team especially after such a disappointing season 

On 3/29/2019 at 10:31 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

No.  Barring something like Romeo coming back or getting Watford, there just won’t be enough scoring on next year’s team.

ok,

How about the fact that we beat a final four team twice? Romeo only scored 9 and 19 (14 ppg) against MSU and Morgan was famously absent in E Lansing.

2 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

ok,

How about the fact that we beat a final four team twice? Romeo only scored 9 and 19 (14 ppg) against MSU and Morgan was famously absent in E Lansing.

If Smith and Green don't transfer I think we'll be ok with scoring.  Not good, but just ok.  If they both transfer like a lot of people have thought throughout the season,  I think we could really struggle scoring.  If they do go (along with seniors and Romeo), from the first MSU game we'd return 28 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 assists.  From game 2 we'd return 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.

I hope Green and Smith come back to provide some production.  If not, it might help with chemistry (this is just an guess), but it would probably hurt the talent of our team.  Hopefully Archie sits Green and Smith down and tells them they buy into the system, bust their ass non stop, and help teach the underclassmen.  If they don't think that sounds good, take a hike.

11 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

If Smith and Green don't transfer I think we'll be ok with scoring.  Not good, but just ok.  If they both transfer like a lot of people have thought throughout the season,  I think we could really struggle scoring.  If they do go (along with seniors and Romeo), from the first MSU game we'd return 28 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 assists.  From game 2 we'd return 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.

I hope Green and Smith come back to provide some production.  If not, it might help with chemistry (this is just an guess), but it would probably hurt the talent of our team.  Hopefully Archie sits Green and Smith down and tells them they buy into the system, bust their ass non stop, and help teach the underclassmen.  If they don't think that sounds good, take a hike.

Lots of "ifs" to be sure. But as an indication of the "potential ceiling" of the team, I am a little more optimistic about the overall quality of the squad than I was say two weeks ago.

From ESPN:

"One can trace Auburn's deep and talented roster back to its 2015 recruiting class -- which, not so coincidentally, was Bruce Pearl's first full recruiting class in charge"

So we can take from this that Hunter, Anderson, Phinisee, Forrester, and to some extent Thompson, would be Archie's version of this. In 2022, who knows maybe they're taking IU to the FF.

Archived