Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy to hear the news on Brunk. Makes the prospect of our outgoing transfers a little easier to swallow.

Also, we gain a player with built in, developed skills...the ones we lose, while perhaps having potential, we’re still comparatively raw. With Brunk we have a ready made contributor for a couple seasons. All in all, likely a good trade off.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I wonder what Joey thinks about Justin?

Let's do this...

1. Get through another soul crushing football season then...

2. Sometime in early winter worry if Joey likes Justin and whether Brunk will rock that beard at IU next year.

Until then I have grass to mow.  😣

21 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Let's do this...

1. Get through another soul crushing football season then...

2. Sometime in early winter worry if Joey likes Justin and whether Brunk will rock that beard at IU next year.

Until then I have grass to mow.  😣

I hope he rocks the beard.  Fear the Beard.

18 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Well, his first season was a redshirt as he was rehabilitating an injury after reclassing up a year. His second season was almost over before it began because of the awful concussion he had. Race just wasn't in game shape and didn't have the previous experience to play much down the stretch in the BIG.  It's not like he's been stewing at the end of the bench. So I don't get the narrative about him not "tolerating" a 3rd season in the wings when he hasn't had even half a season of availability.

1.  if everyone stays....will there be minutes for Race?  Not sure.  Not saying he won't get to play, just saying I"m not sure when Archie would find the time to play Davis, brunk, Jackson-Davis, Smith, and Race.  

2.  If Race doesn't play....would he be disappointed and go the way of Forrester and Moore?  

This isn't meant to be some sort of rumor-mongering post.  I'm just saying the depth chart is still crowded at the 4 and 5- and that sometimes means a transfer.  And with the depth chart as it is, I'm a little surprised Brunk came, and I would be pretty surprised if Watford came as well.  

28 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

1.  if everyone stays....will there be minutes for Race?  Not sure.  Not saying he won't get to play, just saying I"m not sure when Archie would find the time to play Davis, brunk, Jackson-Davis, Smith, and Race.  

2.  If Race doesn't play....would he be disappointed and go the way of Forrester and Moore?  

This isn't meant to be some sort of rumor-mongering post.  I'm just saying the depth chart is still crowded at the 4 and 5- and that sometimes means a transfer.  And with the depth chart as it is, I'm a little surprised Brunk came, and I would be pretty surprised if Watford.  

For me this is how the 4 and 5 spot rotation will look

5- Davis/Brunk

4-  TJD/ Race

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For me this is how the 4 and 5 spot rotation will look

5- Davis/Brunk

4-  TJD/ Race

That's basically what I'm thinking.  I do wonder if Smith can play 3  (I'll disregard the tweets/transfer rumors for now).

Also- I just find it somewhat surprising Brunk decided to come.  I do think he can help, but I honestly would have anticipated a transfer like him to try and find a clearer path to 22-26 mpg.  

12 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

That's basically what I'm thinking.  I do wonder if Smith can play 3  (I'll disregard the tweets/transfer rumors for now).

Also- I just find it somewhat surprising Brunk decided to come.  I do think he can help, but I honestly would have anticipated a transfer like him to try and find a clearer path to 22-26 mpg.  

I have seen tweets from his dad but have not seen any rumors about his transfer

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

It’s not? We didn’t have social media back then, but when I was in college my dad started yelling at my coach as we walked off the court after a loss. I of course took it on the chin from my coach once we got in the locker room. While I agreed with what my dad was saying, I came out postgame and told him he had to knock it off. 

It never happened again because my dad knew it put me in a bad spot with both coaches and teammates. Assuming they’re involved in your life and care about you, It shouldn’t be that hard to get your parents to not put you in terrible positions. 

In real life and social media are very different. And I would still say I doubt a good deal of parents have the self control of your dad had. 

2 hours ago, Blazin Hazin said:

This isn't meant to be some sort of rumor-mongering post.  I'm just saying the depth chart is still crowded at the 4 and 5- and that sometimes means a transfer.  And with the depth chart as it is, I'm a little surprised Brunk came, and I would be pretty surprised if Watford came as well.  

The depth chart will be crowded, that's for sure. Assuming Race is healthy, he will have every opportunity to earn minutes. 

As for Watford - I think he sees himself as a scoring wing. We have a clear need for that right now.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

In real life and social media are very different. And I would still say I doubt a good deal of parents have the self control of your dad had. 

I still think the vast majority are more like his dad but with social media the small percent that were always out spoken and damaging now have a much easier platform. Also good people used to hold uglies in check more and that seems to happen a lot less these days. People just go quiet instead of standing up to their friends and telling them “friend, I care about you but you really need to shut your mouth.” It seems like NO ONE does that to each other anymore. Now a days the the squeaky wheel always gets the oil and those annoying complains and whiners knkw this and they love to hear themselves talk and are deeply narcissistic. Combine that with social media and it becomes a mess.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived