The quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the time, I thought for sure that the Bruins' shorthanded goal was a back breaker for the Blues. Blues had been carrying the play, swarming the net, and had all the momentum, to the point that Boston took a penalty. Looked to me like Binnington gave up a soft goal, and he knew it. Like I said, thought that was going to demoralize St. Louis.

Kudos to the Blues for not tanking at that point and taking it to the Bruins for much of the remaining game. Best of 3 now. St. Louis has to show they can win one on the road.

Should be fun

45 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

At the time, I thought for sure that the Bruins' shorthanded goal was a back breaker for the Blues. Blues had been carrying the play, swarming the net, and had all the momentum, to the point that Boston took a penalty. Looked to me like Binnington gave up a soft goal, and he knew it. Like I said, thought that was going to demoralize St. Louis.

Kudos to the Blues for not tanking at that point and taking it to the Bruins for much of the remaining game. Best of 3 now. St. Louis has to show they can win one on the road.

Should be fun

Don’t know if they will but the Blues have shown they can win on the road in the playoffs. In fact, they have a better road record than home record in the playoffs. 

Is this real? Is this real? The St. Louis Blues are ONE WIN from a Stanley Cup? With a chance to win it on home ice? On the verge of one of the biggest comebacks in NHL professional hockey professional sports history? With a built in theme song?

It's probably not.  I'm going to wake up in the morning, and it'll be 1996, with the Blues eliminated after that 2OT Game 7 loss to Detroit.  (Just in case it is.....note to 1996 self, bet on the Blues in November 2018, George Mason making the Final Four in February 2006 and the Cubs in 2016.  Oh, and ask the blonde chick out......trust me.)

One sip for Radar O'Reilly, racking up another and moving into position as a favorite for a Conn Smythe.  One sip for JB, damn near pitching a shutout on the road, and staying as co-favorite for the Conn Smythe.  One sip for interim Coach Berube.  And one more for.......

Gotta love playoff hockey--

Chara comes back wearing a face mask to inspire the Bruins and their fans

Controversy again, with the no call leg sweep and the resulting goal.

Great action and passion from both sides, as  one fights like hell to tie the score, and the other fights equally hard to hold them off.

I know this is a basketball forum. I know that by far, posters on here lean more towards the NBA playoffs over the NHL , if they are interested in either. I know that because of their contract obligations, ESPN shills the hell out of the Warriors-Raptors. But imo, nothing beats the passion, excitement, energy and action of playoff hockey.

He's still the enemy, but in victory or defeat, I'd proudly shake Chara's hand. That took some major league cojones last night.

If you ever had to define just what it takes to earn that captain's "C", there it is. That's a guy you follow into battle, without thinking twice.

That said, Zdeno, you've got a Cup. All due respect, but no mercy. 🤣

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

another laughable suspension against Barbashev. League trying to help Boston any way they can. 

With the crowd they'll be facing on Sunday, they'll need it. Talked with some coworkers that live in/around STL, and they say they've never seen the Blues on center stage like this.

Trivia I wasn't aware of: Tarasenko is now 5th all time in Blues franchise history in goals scored with 211, and 10th in points. He trails only Garry Unger (292), Brian Sutter(303), Bernie Federko (352) and Brett Hull (527) in goals scored.

A) That's some damn good company. Hull and Federko are HOFs, and you could make the case that Sutter and Unger should be.

B) Doubt he can catch Hull, which is nothing to be ashamed of. But he's only 27, and with 4 more seasons at his current pace, he's either close to or in 2nd.

C) Ironically, he surpassed David Backes during the SJ series.

Easy to forget just how good this guy really is.

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Trivia I wasn't aware of: Tarasenko is now 5th all time in Blues franchise history in goals scored with 211, and 10th in points. He trails only Garry Unger (292), Brian Sutter(303), Bernie Federko (352) and Brett Hull (527) in goals scored.

A) That's some damn good company. Hull and Federko are HOFs, and you could make the case that Sutter and Unger should be.

B) Doubt he can catch Hull, which is nothing to be ashamed of. But he's only 27, and with 4 more seasons at his current pace, he's either close to or in 2nd.

C) Ironically, he surpassed David Backes during the SJ series.

Easy to forget just how good this guy really is.

Love Tarasenko. Dude is a stud and is a sniper. 

And, as somewhat expected, we're going 7.  The whole season (and 52 years), and it's down to 60 minutes.  One game for all the marbles.  As much as I would rather them have closed it out tonight, it does not get better than a Stanley Cup Finals Game 7.   

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

And, as somewhat expected, we're going 7.  The whole season (and 52 years), and it's down to 60 minutes.  One game for all the marbles.  As much as I would rather them have closed it out tonight, it does not get better than a Stanley Cup Finals Game 7.   

I will be rooting for your Blues.

Archived