Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
KDB

Trey Kaufman

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not Kaufman related but Evans has also said that IU has a real chance with Garcia and that he is planning on signing in the fall.

If that's the case Evan's is not the only one indicating Garcia as a fall committ . I posted last week that I was hearing that but did not know enough to agree or disagree 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If that's the case Evan's is not the only one indicating Garcia as a fall committ . I posted last week that I was hearing that but did not know enough to agree or disagree 

That is true. The point is he does seem to be more accurate on things than some of the other national guys. Will he when it comes to IU? Time will tell I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If that's the case Evan's is not the only one indicating Garcia as a fall committ . I posted last week that I was hearing that but did not know enough to agree or disagree 

To me it is better for us to get him if he signs in the fall than waiting until the spring.  If he waits then maybe it would give teams like KU or UNC more of a chance to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is better for us to get him if he signs in the fall than waiting until the spring.  If he waits then maybe it would give teams like KU or UNC more of a chance to get him.

My thoughts are that if he is seriously considering us then the results of this year really don't matter so the sooner the better. If he is waiting to see how we perform then I would fear us losing to a UNC or someone like that. I still believe its us and Marquette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My thoughts are that if he is seriously considering us then the results of this year really don't matter so the sooner the better. If he is waiting to see how we perform then I would fear us losing to a UNC or someone like that. I still believe its us and Marquette

Then we had better handle our business in that secret scrimmage on 10/20 and make sure word leaks out. 😎

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Not Kaufman related but Evans has also said that IU has a real chance with Garcia and that he is planning on signing in the fall.

Maybe I’m picking and choosing but I would be much more apt to listen to him about a national recruit who is talking to multiple teams nationally then a local recruit who has been really quiet on the national scene. Now I know all kids are local somewhere but Garcia has had a pretty public national recruitment so I would imagine he would follow it more closely.

Edited by dgambill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe I’m picking and choosing but I would be much more apt to listen to him about a national recruit who is talking to multiple teams nationally then a local recruit who has been really quiet on the national scene. Now I know all kids are local somewhere but Garcia has had a pretty public national recruitment so I would imagine he would follow it more closely.

That’s possible. But honestly I don’t care who the other team is whether it’s Purdue or somewhere else just so he ends up at IU. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

That’s possible. But honestly I don’t care who the other team is whether it’s Purdue or somewhere else just so he ends up at IU. 

I just want him to invite Purdue's beat writer to his announcement and then say that Purdue finished a distant 3rd. :coffee:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I just want him to invite Purdue's beat writer to his announcement and then say that Purdue finished a distant 3rd. :coffee:

Well that would be close enough to getting payback on  Vandy! I mean both their schools colors are black and gold :nansplit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Could not agree more on the 2 of them. 

They both have been on campus numerous times on their own dime. Think that bodes well for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

They both have been on campus numerous times on their own dime. Think that bodes well for us.

I think you are right. There are no such things as moral victories or being close in recruiting,  but it's nice to be in the game this late with many high profile recruits

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Lexington Herald Leader story about Trey visiting for Big Blue Madness

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article235953222.html

Got to keep this one home. It’s one thing to lose a kid that is going to La Lu but these are our kids. Special ones. Lander and Kaufman have to stay home.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Honestly if he wasn't an Indiana kid and one of Archie's top targets I doubt Cal would even give him a look.

What makes you say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What makes you say that?

Probably frustration.  Whatever it is, I feel his pain.  Seems like IU is sometimes used as a talent scout for teams like pUKe.

True or not, I'm ready for IU to start regularly beating UK for talent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What makes you say that?

I would assume it’s because they are extremely close to one another and Cal trusts Archies ability to scout talent. So if Archie wants him and he fills a need at Kentucky then Cal will take a look too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think UK's interest is a reaction to IU's interest.  Truthfully, there were several high profile schools that were watching Trey before IU started even taking serious looks.  Some of those you no longer hear about for whatever reason.  Purdue may have actually been the first major program to show real interest.  All that said, if Trey continues to move up the rankings, I would expect interest from other big name schools to also increase.  He's also an excellent student, so academics will also be a factor to consider.

Edited by 5fouls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to consider is that Trey plays in the Louisville media market.  He's getting as much, if not more, media coverage in the state of Kentucky than he is getting in Indiana.  Cal would be foolish to not take a look at a Top 30 player from the area that IU and UL have already offered.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think UK's interest is a reaction to IU's interest.  Truthfully, there were several high profile schools that were watching Trey before IU started even taking serious looks.  Some of those you no longer hear about for whatever reason.  Purdue may have actually been the first major program to show real interest.  All that said, if Trey continues to move up the rankings, I would expect interest from other big name schools to also increase.  He's also an excellent student, so academics will also be a factor to consider.

Of course.

I'm just filling in with the frustration many feel with UK recruiting a lot of the same players.  It's inevitable, but it is still frustrating as hell, especially when the slimeball swoops in with a late offer after IU's staff has invested a ton of time in Indiana's best players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...