Guess who's coming to ColoRADo.

37 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Speaking of CO, what is going on there?

https://collegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Inclusive-Language-Guide_10_30_18.pdf

How are the biology students going to deal with not being able to use the words male and female?

No idea this was related just to Colorado. Thought it was going on in much of the rest of our great Nation. 

My time lately has been spent on following this. The major and easiest way to get to and from Boulder, and Denver :

Video shows Highway 36 continues to collapse 

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Holy cow...what a mess that is.

It started out as just a crack in the highway, last Friday.  And continued to collapse an inch every hour since then.  For a couple of days there was no easy way to get from Boulder to Denver.  Every alternative added hours to the commute. It is still coming apart.  However, CDOT moved concrete barriers to the West Bound lanes ...( which you can see in the video, I posted), so that traffic is now able to go from Boulder to Denver.  And just today.  CDOT hired a contractor to figure out the mess, and get it fixed.  Could take months. 

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It started out as just a crack in the highway, last Friday.  And continued to collapse an inch every hour since then.  For a couple of days there was no easy way to get from Boulder to Denver.  Every alternative added hours to the commute. It is still coming apart.  However, CDOT moved concrete barriers to the West Bound lanes ...( which you can see in the video, I posted), so that traffic is now able to go from Boulder to Denver.  And just today.  CDOT hired a contractor to figure out the mess, and get it fixed.  Could take months. 

Any idea what caused that?  Almost looks like there was a sinkhole under that spot.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Any idea what caused that?  Almost looks like there was a sinkhole under that spot.

Before they built the highway. There was a river running through that area.  It was drained. However, the soil retains moisture. It's actually a bridge now. WIth no running water under it.  And with our wet Spring. The soil has acted as a sponge. And it decided just last Friday to give way.

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Speaking of CO, what is going on there?

https://collegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Inclusive-Language-Guide_10_30_18.pdf

How are the biology students going to deal with not being able to use the words male and female?

What this document is not: This is not an official policy or required practice.

Thank God for small miracles. 

What this document is: a big, steaming, runny, corn-filled pile of hooey. 

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

No idea this was related just to Colorado. Thought it was going on in much of the rest of our great Nation. 

My time lately has been spent on following this. The major and easiest way to get to and from Boulder, and Denver :

Video shows Highway 36 continues to collapse 

I see people driving on the other side...I guess they deemed it safe, but my cheeks would be clutching leather if I was driving over there.

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I see people driving on the other side...I guess they deemed it safe, but my cheeks would be clutching leather if I was driving over there.

I have the same thoughts.  If you look. It is only brief. But the bridge also covers the Wes bound lanes as well.  One of my favorite restaurants in all of Colorado is North of Boulder.  Doubt if I will be going there any time soon.

Archived