The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Kaleb Wesson is schooling Cockburn...

OSU by 8 with under 4 to go...

Didn't see game. Judging by box score he looked a tad ineffective. Almost nonexistent. Was that play vs him or foul trouble or both?

Edit-Quick glance at a few places. Illini fans say they were homered. So rich considering Sunday. 

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Kaleb Wesson is schooling Cockburn...

OSU by 8 with under 4 to go...

Sorry to break the news to you, but Wesson will be terrorizing Illiwhini’s interior offerings again next season. VCA folks reported needing extra mops to clean up the pee stains left by ILL players in the paint during the second half

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see game. Judging by box score he looked a tad ineffective. Almost nonexistent. Was that play vs him or foul trouble or both?

Edit-Quick glance at a few places. Illini fans say they were homered. So rich considering Sunday. 

Kofi just got a good old fashioned schooling from an upperclassman...it was a bit embarrassing to watch...

Homered? LOL...That's funny...they just plain got thumped...Dosunmu was the only one that showed up for the Whinin Illini...

1 hour ago, rico said:

Bubble teams Wichita St., Stanford, and Arizona St. all lost last night.  The Shockers at Memphis but the Cardinal lost at Oregon St. and the Sundevils lose at home to Washington.

Watched the first half of WS & Memphis. Both teams looked awful. WS finished game 6-23 from 3 and 12-22 on FTs.

That was a really bad loss for AS. Third straight loss for them.

Palm now has IU as a 10, down from 9 due to Providence moving up. Has IU as the top team on the bubble list, but has eight teams in NCAAT that are behind IU on the bubble list.

Indiana beat Minnesota 72-67: The Hoosiers struggle at times to finish games, but they got the job done against the Gophers to complete the season sweep. They did slip from a No. 9 seed to a No. 10 seed in the bracket, but that was due to Providence moving up than anything about this game. IU hosts the red-hot Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday to end the regular season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Watched the first half of WS & Memphis. Both teams looked awful. WS finished game 6-23 from 3 and 12-22 on FTs.

Palm now has IU as a 10, down from 9 due to Providence moving up. Has IU as the top team on the bubble list, but has eight teams in NCAAT that are behind IU on the bubble list.

Indiana beat Minnesota 72-67: The Hoosiers struggle at times to finish games, but they got the job done against the Gophers to complete the season sweep. They did slip from a No. 9 seed to a No. 10 seed in the bracket, but that was due to Providence moving up than anything about this game. IU hosts the red-hot Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday to end the regular season.

I see ASU is a 8 and Stanford is a 10...Stanford plays at Oregon this week-end.  

17 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Lunardi was on TV last night and still has IU in the last four in and spouting how that IU and PU should not be in the tournament.  I think he is bias against the big ten or something against Iu because they look a lot better than some of the teams he has in.  I watched the last 15 minutes of the ASU and Washington game and ASU is not even close to being as good as IU.  If they are one of the top 4 teams in the Pac 10 then the Pac 10 is in big trouble.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lunardi was on TV last night and still has IU in the last four in and spouting how that IU and PU should not be in the tournament.  I think he is bias against the big ten or something against Iu because they look a lot better than some of the teams he has in.  I watched the last 15 minutes of the ASU and Washington game and ASU is not even close to being as good as IU.  If they are one of the top 4 teams in the Pac 10 then the Pac 10 is in big trouble.

His whole theory is so idiotic. He says if you don't go .500 in conference you should have to win 2 conf tournament games. So Joe...using this approach you would choose to reward a weaker team from a weaker P5 conference (PAC 12, ACC, BIg 12,etc..) because they had more bottom feeder teams to get the .500 record? 

11 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but Wesson will be terrorizing Illiwhini’s interior offerings again next season. VCA folks reported needing extra mops to clean up the pee stains left by ILL players in the paint during the second half

Well played...well played. But fortunately Wesson won't be back, he's got the game with the addition of the 3 point shot to get drafted, so he's gone. Unlike Kofi.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

His whole theory is so idiotic. He says if you don't go .500 in conference you should have to win 2 conf tournament games. So Joe...using this approach you would choose to reward a weaker team from a weaker P5 conference (PAC 12, ACC, BIg 12,etc..) because they had more bottom feeder teams to get the .500 record? 

I actually agree with the .500 in conference record in theory

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually agree with the .500 in conference record in theory

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree, but you're certainly not alone. The problem with Lunardi is that he's taking a hardline stance on this issue, when it's a criteria that the NCAA does not use, and with the largest platform of any bracketologist he's using that made up criteria to build his bracket. 

Assuming there are no major meltdowns by IU (getting maxed by Wisconsin and then losing to NEB in the BTT) I think we'll find on selection Sunday that not only is IU not on the bubble, but that they're not even really that close to it. The problem is Lunardi is spouting off with his made up criteria and right now he's the loudest voice in the room. 

1 minute ago, rico said:

I so as well, if it is a balanced schedule...that is you play everybody twice.

I agree with that and with the NCAA saying they don't look conference affiliation when looking at teams then your conference record does not come into play.

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree, but you're certainly not alone. The problem with Lunardi is that he's taking a hardline stance on this issue, when it's a criteria that the NCAA does not use, and with the largest platform of any bracketologist he's using that made up criteria to build his bracket. 

Assuming there are no major meltdowns by IU (getting maxed by Wisconsin and then losing to NEB in the BTT) I think we'll find on selection Sunday that not only is IU not on the bubble, but that they're not even really that close to it. The problem is Lunardi is spouting off with his made up criteria and right now he's the loudest voice in the room. 

Remember with Lunardi he might have the biggest platform but his ranking as a bracketologist is not good.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I so as well, if it is a balanced schedule...that is you play everybody twice.

Even at that point I don't believe in the .500 threshold. Look at USC or even Arizona St....they get 7-8 wins handed to them by weak conference. Or even UConn or Syracuse....could go on and on about weaker conferences. Of course I believe you should have the best available teams in the tourney. Maybe that's just me. You put Marquette or Texas in the Big 10 this year and they maybe have 7-8 wins at best. 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remember with Lunardi he might have the biggest platform but his ranking as a bracketologist is not good.

I know that, but most people don't, including other media and analyst talking about the tournament, etc., so it's a problem when Lunardi is basing his bracket off of a made up criteria that the NCAA doesn't even use. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I know that, but most people don't, including other media and analyst talking about the tournament, etc., so it's a problem when Lunardi is basing his bracket off of a made up criteria that the NCAA doesn't even use. 

really don't have to worry about what other people's criteria,  just the selection committee.

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

really don't have to worry about what other people's criteria,  just the selection committee.

I understand that as well, but right now we're kind of discussing the narrative and in my opinion the narrative that IU is somehow on the bubble (as of this moment) is in accurate, but it's being pushed by the bracketologist with the loudest, albeit inaccurate (though the general fans/media don't know that) voice. 

Archived