I hate snakes.

rico

My middle daughter, who's current occupation is an animal trainer, had a 5 foot Ball Python for a year when she was in high school. It was pretty cool to watch him eat. She'd bring home hamsters that the pet shop she worked at couldn't sell because they were "biters."

She'd drop them into Bob's (honest to God, that's what she named him...she's weird) cage and he'd come at them, head wagging. Then a quick grab with the mouth and wrap around the body. It was amazingly quick. Then he'd start that slow ingestion...

Bob got loose one day and greeted my wife at the door when she came back from shopping. He was gone (sold) that evening.

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My middle daughter, who's current occupation is an animal trainer, had a 5 foot Ball Python for a year when she was in high school. It was pretty cool to watch him eat. She'd bring home hamsters that the pet shop she worked at couldn't sell because they were "biters."

She'd drop them into Bob's (honest to God, that's what she named him...she's weird) cage and he'd come at them, head wagging. Then a quick grab with the mouth and wrap around the body. It was amazingly quick. Then he'd start that slow ingestion...

Bob got loose one day and greeted my wife at the door when she came back from shopping. He was gone (sold) that evening.

Call me crazy...but reptiles are not allowed in my house.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

Call me crazy...but reptiles are not allowed in my house.  

Oh, there were plenty of "debates" about that when my middle one was a teenager...

She brought home a Monitor Lizard once. Thing was half grown and already 3 feet long. Made her get rid of that right away...a 3 legged tegu lizard, an Indian Ringneck Parrot, and other various critters came through our house. She was the Ellie Mae Clampett of Naperville for a while.

Served her well though. Like I said, she's an animal trainer now, and a pretty good one. Makes a really good living at it.

19 hours ago, rico said:

Hey, don't lie to us...it was a big nightcrawler!!!!!!

Rico, if so it was one big a?? black worm ! Lol

I just remember opening the bathroom door to go out and I saw something in my peripheral. There was this big ole black snake coiled up trying to climb up the wall. Man I jumped back in that bathroom and cleaned my shorts.

4 hours ago, rico said:

It is official, the snake strangled the woman according to the coroner.

https://fox59.com/2019/10/31/indiana-woman-found-dead-with-snake-around-her-neck/

What I found interesting, is that I read somewhere it wasn't her snake.  So, why was it out?  Did it escape on it's own?  Did she take it out?  Or, for those that are conspiracy lovers, did someone else incapacitate her in some manner and then let the python out to do what pythons do?  Seems to be an effective way to set up up and let the snake get the blame.  How does anyone prove it different, unless there were cameras in place.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What I found interesting, is that I read somewhere it wasn't her snake.  So, why was it out?  Did it escape on it's own?  Did she take it out?  Or, for those that are conspiracy lovers, did someone else incapacitate her in some manner and then let the python out to do what pythons do?  Seems to be an effective way to set up up and let the snake get the blame.  How does anyone prove it different, unless there were cameras in place.

From the link I have posted there were 140 snakes in that house, 20 of them were hers.  ISP said the house was set up for snakes.  As far as your murder theory, I had thought of that.

1 minute ago, rico said:

From the link I have posted there were 140 snakes in that house, 20 of them were hers.  ISP said the house was set up for snakes.  As far as your murder theory, I had thought of that.

Yeah.  I knew that she owned some of the snakes in the house, but specifically read somewhere that authorities did not believe the python that killed her was owned by her.  I don't think proving that the snake strangled her automatically closes the book on the story.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I knew that she owned some of the snakes in the house, but specifically read somewhere that authorities did not believe the python that killed her was owned by her.  I don't think proving that the snake strangled her automatically closes the book on the story.

I agree with you...the perfect murder?

When my son got out of the Marine Corps he stayed in the Wilmington, NC area. While visiting him we went to a serpentarium in Wilmington. This place had every poisonous snake you could imagine. One of the displays was a king cobra that looked to be 12 feet long. I came around a corner and there was a little girl sitting in front of the cobra's display. Right behind that girl was that big ole cobra in the strike position. Even though the thing was behind plexiglas it scared the you know what out of me. 

On 11/1/2019 at 7:18 AM, mrflynn03 said:

I have only handled a snake once in my life. One summer at scout camp I found a little green snake about 10 inches long and about the diameter of a #2 pencil.  I kept it in my shirt pocket until lunch and let it loose in the mess hall. 

I bet when the biggest bully in the hall finally found you after he ran out of the hall, you politely told him the next snake you caught would end up in his sleeping bag!!

Typically what happens with large snakes being mishandled (1 person) trying to support the length and weight. The snakes feels insecure,  and tightens up to prevent falling. The handler then panics and tries to pull the snake off, which results in the snake squeezing tighter!  Poor judgment on her part, whether she owned the snake or not is irrelevant.  

On 11/1/2019 at 6:38 AM, rico said:

Conversely, killing snakes was frowned upon by my Grandpa.  I was taught they eat bugs and mice.  He said they were a farmer's friend.  

I know here in Georgia it is actually against the law to kill a non-venomous snake, for those reasons!

Have to say, with the hundreds of miles I have hiked on my next door neighbors land ( GA's biggest State Park) I've only come across three venomous snakes, one was after my friend ran over a copperhead and we went back to make sure it was dead. Two was when my neighbor knocked on the door and asked if he could shoot the diamondback he saw crawl across the road onto my property! (No Problem) Third was actually another copperhead while I was out hiking, he seemed more eager to get clear of me than I did of him! All of the other snakes I have seen are the GOOD kind. Like the BIG King snake I saw crawling out from under my house! Since I've had rat and mice problems over the years, I'm like have at it just don't try and come inside! LOL

6 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

There was a case in Canada a few years ago, where someone killed a couple kids. Then tried to blame it on an escaped python from a pet store below the apartment... they killed the kids, then made it look like the snake had fallen through the drop ceiling, on top of the two children while they slept... 

So exactly how does a snake fall through the ceiling when the pet store is BELOW the apartment?

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Exactly! The whole thing was fishy from the jump...  the kids also had no bite marks, meaning it just squeezed then in their sleep.  That in itself was a major red flag.. constrictors bite then wrap

Next time I get in a fight I'm going to remember that! Bite then wrap!!

Archived