I hate snakes.

rico

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Trust me. I'm deathly scared of snakes even small ones. Stories like this highlight why. For the 14th million time. All God's creatures but some are further down the pecking order. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I'm deathly scared of snakes even small ones. Stories like this highlight why. For the 14th million time. All God's creatures but some are further down the pecking order. 

How about 140 of them in your house?

A couple years ago my wife and I were camping in Brown County State Park. We went the bathroom and when I walked out there was a good size snake coiled up right outside the bathroom door. I didn't have to take a sh?? when I went in but I took one the minute I walked out that door. I darn near stepped on the thing!

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

A couple years ago my wife and I were camping in Brown County State Park. We went the bathroom and when I walked out there was a good size snake coiled up right outside the bathroom door. I didn't have to take a sh?? when I went in but I took one the minute I walked out that door. I darn near stepped on the thing!

Hey, don't lie to us...it was a big nightcrawler!!!!!!

I've lived in Colorado since 1970.  Though I live within waking distance of Cherry Creek State park, which has signs posted to watch out for rattlesnakes. The only snakes I have ever found in my yard have been gartner. 

Still on a hike, have always been a lookout for rattlers..

Colorado’s Snakes: What, When & Where | Common Poisonous and Non-Venomous Species

1 hour ago, rico said:

The lady made a dumb mistake. Handling a large constrictor at 8' in length should always require a second person in the room..12+' you better have two people present.  Costly mistake

My grandpa hated snakes.  Probably because of his experience with the bamboo pit viper in Vietnam, what they called the two step.  Milehiiu probably knows what I am talking about.

My grandpa hated snakes so much that one of my farms chores was pouring diesel fuel on nests of copperheads and setting them on fire. 

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My grandpa hated snakes.  Probably because of his experience with the bamboo pit viper in Vietnam, what they called the two step.  Milehiiu probably knows what I am talking about.

My grandpa hated snakes so much that one of my farms chores was pouring diesel fuel on nests of copperheads and setting them on fire. 

37 Venomous Vietnam Snakes - Dangerous and Some Deadly 

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Conversely, killing snakes was frowned upon by my Grandpa.  I was taught they eat bugs and mice.  He said they were a farmer's friend.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Conversely, killing snakes was frowned upon by my Grandpa.  I was taught they eat bugs and mice.  He said they were a farmer's friend.  

I could see a balance there. Common little garden snakes, absolutely, leave them alone. Copperheads, although not extremely lethal are technically still poisonous and a risk to humans. I could see wanting to keep some distance from a nest of them.

Archived