Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

Time for another new thread lol. And if we have class basketball why not class Mr. Basketball!!! ohhhh man it never ends lol!!!!

That said I do wonder...who are we watching for down the stretch?? I'm in Florida people..I need names so I can know who to look for box scores of. I really appreciate all the score updates that people give! Makes me feel still connected and when I go home to visit I have something to talk about. Thank you HSN!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Time for another new thread lol. And if we have class basketball why not class Mr. Basketball!!! ohhhh man it never ends lol!!!!

That said I do wonder...who are we watching for down the stretch?? I'm in Florida people..I need names so I can know who to look for box scores of. I really appreciate all the score updates that people give! Makes me feel still connected and when I go home to visit I have something to talk about. Thank you HSN!

For Mr. Basketball?

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have always considered Mr. Basketball to be somewhat of a 'lifetime achievement' award.  In other words, assume you have two seniors with identical stats and team success, but one has been balling big time since a sophomore while the other just blossomed as a senior.  I'm giving the award to the guy with more history.

Long explanation to state that I like Mr. Basketball being a senior.

To me...it should be a measure of who the best player in the state was that year. Sure you look at other factors like teams success etc but in the end...it's about who should represent the state as it's best basketball player THAT year. If that is far and away a junior..so be it. To me I see it as like the Heisman.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think one of the reasons they have the Mr. basketball be a senior is for the all star team.  They want the Mr. basketball be in the all star game wearing the number 1 jersey.

Why not let a junior on the All star team if he wins Mr. Basketball then....just under that single situation?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

To me...it should be a measure of who the best player in the state was that year. Sure you look at other factors like teams success etc but in the end...it's about who should represent the state as it's best basketball player THAT year. If that is far and away a junior..so be it. To me I see it as like the Heisman.

As I said earlier the award no way reflects who the best player is in that year.  It is given to a senior.  So be it.  I mean Damon could have been Mr. Basketball for 4 straight years!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It was a joke...kinda like it isn't fair a class A kid has to be compared to a kid playing on a class 4A because of all his disadvantages etc.

I dunno...that Yoder kid from Westview has a long shot this year.  Furst plays at a small school as does Luke Brown.

Just now, rico said:

As I said earlier the award no way reflects who the best player is in that year.  It is given to a senior.  So be it.  I mean Damon could have been Mr. Basketball for 4 straight years!!!!!!

I know..I was just saying I think it should. If he was he was...why hide the fact. I know it's more political...but someone brought up the junior discussion and I agreed...I think if we had a special player in the state why hide that fact. What if the kid got hurt his senior year and never became Mr. Basketball....be a shame!

Just now, rico said:

I dunno...that Yoder kid from Westview has a long shot this year.  Furst plays at a small school as does Luke Brown.

Oh I agree the best player in the state might not play on a big school...just like in some rare years we could have some of the best teams in the state come from smaller schools. I'm not good with sarcasm on the internet lol

But Furst can't win since he is a junior correct?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Oh I agree the best player in the state might not play on a big school...just like in some rare years we could have some of the best teams in the state come from smaller schools. I'm not good with sarcasm on the internet lol

But Furst can't win since he is a junior correct?

No, Furst can't win it this year...but he is a front runner for next year.

1 minute ago, rico said:

No, Furst can't win it this year...but he is a front runner for next year.

Thanks Rico.  Been following Furst since he is an IU recruit...seems like him and Kaufman and Wesley will all be in the running next year. Seems like the senior class is a bit quieter....so was wondering who should I be watching for Mr. Basketball this year because Galloway and Leal don't seem to be on that level. Again I appreciate all the local HS knowledge on the board so I figure here is the best place for people to give their opinion on it since we have a wide collection across the state of posters. At this point we are coming down the final stretch so I figure the next month or so someone will stand out.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Thanks Rico.  Been following Furst since he is an IU recruit...seems like him and Kaufman and Wesley will all be in the running next year. Seems like the senior class is a bit quieter....so was wondering who should I be watching for Mr. Basketball this year because Galloway and Leal don't seem to be on that level. Again I appreciate all the local HS knowledge on the board so I figure here is the best place for people to give their opinion on it since we have a wide collection across the state of posters. At this point we are coming down the final stretch so I figure the next month or so someone will stand out.

Dont forget Lander unless he reclassified. 

That kid....every time I check a score he is stuffing the stat sheet! Seem to be the only kid of note on his team too!

I agree and I think he is just scratching the surface.  Giant upside. He has become my top get followed closely by Kauffman then Lander and Furst. A year ago it was Lander by a mile for me.

I've been watching him but is he going to propel his team to enough stature to get onto that stage...seems like he also just kinda coasts at times.

Big Indy bias big IU bias for.many voters could be a very tight race with no clear favorite. The first 1 to pop for IU wins the award 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting one last night in NWI.  #2 1A Kouts suffered their first defeat losing 65-52 to Boone Grove.  What is interesting is that Kouts defeated Boone Grove a little over a week ago by a score of 83-47.

Did someone not play or just a magical night? 36 point swings usually don't just happen...haha

Archived