Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luke with 17 as Homestead beats #4 3A Norwell 51-34.

'Busco beats Eastside.  That ties them with Westview atop the NECC standings.

Columbia City knocks off FW Concordia 52-41.  That will be the last game ever played in that gym.  Co. City moves into a new building next year.

FW Carroll 58  Warsaw 44.  The Tigers limp into sectional play at 11-9.  

Wabash crushes Peru  80-45.  The Apaches will be Blackhawk's toughest adversary in the Manchester sectional.

Jeffersonville senior night gets cancelled due to a water main break due to some construction in the area..  They were scheduled to play Castle, which is all the way over in the Evansville area.  The timing was such that there was not enough time to find another local gym or switch the game to Castle.  Sucks for the seniors.  Supposedly, they are going to do something Monday night at the school, but without the game it won't be the same.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jeffersonville senior night gets cancelled due to a water main break due to some construction in the area..  They were scheduled to play Castle, which is all the way over in the Evansville area.  The timing was such that there was not enough time to find another local gym or switch the game to Castle.  Sucks for the seniors.  Supposedly, they are going to do something Monday night at the school, but without the game it won't be the same.  

That sucks...

Maybe I’m biased because it’s the small town school I went to, but class 2A Central Noble has a kid, Conner Essegian, who has now scored 1,016 points, putting him 3rd in school history, and he’s ONLY A SOPHOMORE, class of 2022. They finished the regular season 20-4 this year. Conner is a walking bucket and his shot looks so effortless. Not sure I’ve ever seen a player from CN go to a high major college....coaches probably can’t find us on the map, lol...but wow, I’m pulling for this kid. He only needs 236 points to take the top spot on the all-time school scoring list at the school. Knowing he’s got two more full seasons to go, he ought to shatter that. He’s 6’4, which is obviously nice, but pretty slim. He doesn’t really have too many highlight videos that just showcase him. 

9 hours ago, IUrocker said:

Maybe I’m biased because it’s the small town school I went to, but class 2A Central Noble has a kid, Conner Essegian, who has now scored 1,016 points, putting him 3rd in school history, and he’s ONLY A SOPHOMORE, class of 2022. They finished the regular season 20-4 this year. Conner is a walking bucket and his shot looks so effortless. Not sure I’ve ever seen a player from CN go to a high major college....coaches probably can’t find us on the map, lol...but wow, I’m pulling for this kid. He only needs 236 points to take the top spot on the all-time school scoring list at the school. Knowing he’s got two more full seasons to go, he ought to shatter that. He’s 6’4, which is obviously nice, but pretty slim. He doesn’t really have too many highlight videos that just showcase him. 

Whitko grad here and yes Central Noble had a kid(man now) that went to a big time program.  Mike Young.  Watched him lead the Cougars to a sectional championship in 1977 at Columbia City.  Mike went to Arkansas and played for Eddie Sutton.  His freshman year he played in a Final Four for the Razorbacks.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mike-young-3.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/arkansas/1978.html

11 hours ago, IUrocker said:

He should play TE

1 hour ago, rico said:

Whitko grad here and yes Central Noble had a kid(man now) that went to a big time program.  Mike Young.  Watched him lead the Cougars to a sectional championship in 1977 at Columbia City.  Mike went to Arkansas and played for Eddie Sutton.  His freshman year he played in a Final Four for the Razorbacks.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mike-young-3.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/arkansas/1978.html

Oh wow, yeah that’s pretty cool. Thanks for the links! I guess I just wasn’t thinking of going that far back. I did some digging and it is indeed Mike Young who is the all time scoring leader for Central Noble with 1,251 points in ‘77, and the 2nd place is held by a kid that was one year below me in school. I graduated in ‘04. 

4 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Oh wow, yeah that’s pretty cool. Thanks for the links! I guess I just wasn’t thinking of going that far back. I did some digging and it is indeed Mike Young who is the all time scoring leader for Central Noble with 1,251 points in ‘77, and the 2nd place is held by a kid that was one year below me in school. I graduated in ‘04. 

My Uncle was on the school board at Central Noble at the time.  Of course I was in the Whitko school district even then.  Had a cousin that played for the Wildcats in that sectional.  But anyway Young was quite a talent.  Remember, that was single class then.  The Cougars made it to the regional finals and fell to Plymouth.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

That conference was LOADED this year.

I keep seeing that on here.😳. Of course not MY school 😂🙄

Went to Lakeland, Mom taught at Wesrview 

Haven’t really gotten into stuff down here, Rochester.  Maybe some day 

19 hours ago, rico said:

Columbia City knocks off FW Concordia 52-41.  That will be the last game ever played in that gym.  Co. City moves into a new building next year.

Randomly clicked on this thread...I grew up there and graduated in 1994. Have not kept up on much of anything so...there it is. Did not realize they were moving things.

Yeah the new Columbia City school campus looks massive compared to what they had before. My wife went to school there and we drive by it to visit her parents. It’s a tad on the outskirts of town where there’s more space, and by the looks of it, they definitely took advantage of that space. 

6 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Yeah the new Columbia City school campus looks massive compared to what they had before. My wife went to school there and we drive by it to visit her parents. It’s a tad on the outskirts of town where there’s more space, and by the looks of it, they definitely took advantage of that space. 

Well, the "new" junior high has been at that location for sometime.  My son graduated from Columbia City.

7 hours ago, H00sier said:

Born and grew up in Bremen, How are they doing? Haven’t kept up with them at all.

Not good.  Finished 5-17.  A friend of mine told me they need to find a different conference.  More bad news is they are in the Westview sectional with those powerful NECC schools that are ranked.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:42 AM, rico said:

Luke with 17 as Homestead beats #4 3A Norwell 51-34.

'Busco beats Eastside.  That ties them with Westview atop the NECC standings.

FW Carroll 58  Warsaw 44.  The Tigers limp into sectional play at 11-9.  

Wabash crushes Peru  80-45.  The Apaches will be Blackhawk's toughest adversary in the Manchester sectional.

Go Apaches!!  😁

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I just put a hunski down with a friend of mine. That Mr. Leal and his team will go undefeated to win a state championship. Along with the memory of Delray Brooks from Michign City, and that great team from East Chicago, years before.

Delray Brooks?

Archived