The Bucket Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Illinois game is exhibit A lol. If that’s a good weather game, I think we win that one easily. But a team that can’t run is definitely going to struggle when it rains. 

Stopping the run didn't work for you guys yesterday either.

53 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sorry Boiler. Think you are a standup guy.  However, regardless of the outcome of the Bucket game. It's really great as an IU fan to know that... IU is going bowling. And PU isn't.

Oh I’m sure haha. But this should be a one-year hiatus from bowling for us I’d think. Would expect a solid rebound season next year. 

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh I’m sure haha. But this should be a one-year hiatus from bowling for us I’d think. Would expect a solid rebound season next year. 

Unfortunately I agree with you boiler.  After a quick glance at both teams schedule,  I think both teams are likely bowl eligible before the bucket game next year. 

Obviously there is a lot that will happen between now and then.

Hypothetical question for you.  Let's say IU wins the bucket this year.  Next year PU struggles again for some reason, and only wins 5 games,  does Brohm start to feel some heat?

42 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Unfortunately I agree with you boiler.  After a quick glance at both teams schedule,  I think both teams are likely bowl eligible before the bucket game next year. 

Hypothetical question for you.  Let's say IU wins the bucket this year.  Next year PU struggles again for some reason, and only wins 5 games,  does Brohm start to feel some heat?

Purdue does get a "lucky" draw vs. the East but it ain't no cakewalk...

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2020/team/purdue

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

Agree re both teams next year. 

As far as next year if we struggle, I think it depends on the reasons for the struggle. If it’s like this year where the team was decimated by injuries, then no I don’t think there will be any heat. If we win 5 games and there aren’t significant injuries, then yeah I think some heat will be felt. With the amount of money we’re paying him (and for the record, I’m still glad we made the commitment we did unlike Rutgers haha) ) he’ll likely get at least 4 more years I’d guess unless something crazy happens. Attendance has skyrocketed and he’s recruiting at a high level. Will be interesting to see what the roster looks like once he has 5 full classes of his own guys in the program. We shall see what happens. 

22 minutes ago, rico said:

I’d argue it’s pretty similar to this year. Instead of at Penn State and Maryland at home, we get at Michigan and Rutgers at home. Obviously Rutgers is awful but still a tough road game against of the best from the East plus we have the bucket game on the road. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d argue it’s pretty similar to this year. Instead of at Penn State and Maryland at home, we get at Michigan and Rutgers at home. Obviously Rutgers is awful but still a tough road game against of the best from the East plus we have the bucket game on the road. 

We talked about this a few weeks ago, but your schedule next year has so many 50/50 games.  I could see it going so many different ways.

38 minutes ago, rico said:

That looks like a pretty easy schedule. Coming into the bucket they should only have 3 losses. I have Wisconsin, @Michigan, and 1 of @Minnesota or Iowa. 

Based on how good some PU fans expect them to be it may be only 1-2 losses. Based on their history of blowing winnable games it could be 4-5. 

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

We talked about this a few weeks ago, but your schedule next year has so many 50/50 games.  I could see it going so many different ways.

That is why I said it was no cake walk...heck the Boilers non-con schedule is stiff.

Archived