The Bucket Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, rico said:

You are thinking Nebraska will be an easy win on opening day?  LOL

Based on what they’ve done this year and how Purdue fans expect a Rose Bowl in 5 years, it should be a win. 

I may have missed something but I don’t know that Nebraska should be drastically different next year. These games are why I included the part about it being likely they have 4-5 as well. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

That looks like a pretty easy schedule. Coming into the bucket they should only have 3 losses. I have Wisconsin, @Michigan, and 1 of @Minnesota or Iowa. 

Based on how good some PU fans expect them to be it may be only 1-2 losses. Based on their history of blowing winnable games it could be 4-5. 

Easy schedule? Are we looking at the same schedule? Once again, our non-conference schedule is far from a cakewalk. 

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

Based on what they’ve done this year and how Purdue fans expect a Rose Bowl in 5 years, it should be a win. 

I may have missed something but I don’t know that Nebraska should be drastically different next year. These games are why I included the part about it being likely they have 4-5 as well. 

Who said anything about a rose bowl in 5 years? Lol

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Easy schedule? Are we looking at the same schedule? Once again, our non-conference schedule is far from a cakewalk. 

Easy was an overstatement for sure. I didn’t realize Air Force and Memphis had 10 and 9 wins right now. I knew they been solid this year but wasn’t sure how good they actually were. 

1 minute ago, rico said:

No problem with it.

I think moving the game to Indy has some merits to it. Considering the time of year it is held. 

An alternative would be to play each other, the first game of the season, when students are on campus.  Colorado plays Colorado State the first game of the year. They have been playing in Mile High in Denver. But will be going back to the campuses in the future.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think moving the game to Indy has some merits to it. Considering the time of year it is held. 

An alternative would be to play each other, the first game of the season, when students are on campus.  Colorado plays Colorado State the first game of the year. They have been playing in Mile High in Denver. But will be going back to the campuses in the future.

I would have no problem with that either.

35 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Have long been saying this and I know Mitch has been saying since his arrival. He was on 1260 last month here in Indy and essentially said the brain trust up in Chicago (league offices) didn't think the game needed to be moved. Rivalry week tv implications,etc...

In the current format the game either needs to be moved to September when students are on campus so that both WL and Bloomington can benefit.....or just move it to Indy as a last solution because playing a rivalry game when no students are on campus is bad optics for the programs and for the conference in terms of TV. 

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

The Boys better be ready this Saturday!!!! I think we need a healthy Wop to pull this one out....I hope Stevie can give it a go, otherwise we it may be a long, wet afternoon.....

i don't think we even have any italians on the roster

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Does he go to games regularly? Is he bummed he didn’t pass down his boiler fandom to you? Haha

I have made it clear that some of my family is /are Purdue fans including my Father.  But we don't poke at each other concerning the IU/PU rift.

Archived