IU vs South Dakota State Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

Day ? Saturday.  Nov. 30

Time ? 4pm E.T.

Where :  The great SSAH

TV ?  Yes.  Sort of.  BTN+

-------------------------------------

IU is 6-0 heading into this game.  SDSU is 5-3. 

We are the Hoosiers.  They are the Jack Rabbits.

We are located in Bloomington, Indiana.  The are located in Brooking, South Dakota (ever heard of it ? )

Interesting factoid.   Indiana University. Our last opponent, La Tech. And our next opponent, South Dakota State.  Have all played and beaten North Alabama.

----------------------------------------

Question ?  Who here has ever been in South Dakota ? 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’ve been in South Dakota.  Black Hills, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands, and Wall Drug.  Great area of the country!  But that drive all the way across the state to get home was brutally long.

Yeah.  Been to Mount Rushmore.  And was there when Crazy Horse was just starting to be built.  Amazing how far it has come since then. Agree, very unique part of the country.

As far as my drive. Going from Wyoming to get there.  Driving through Wyoming is like driving in an wild life refuge.  Just great, all the wild life that roams free there. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Day ? Saturday.  Nov. 30

Time ? 4pm E.T.

Where :  The great SSAH

TV ?  Yes.  Sort of.  BTN+

-------------------------------------

IU is 6-0 heading into this game.  SDSU is 5-3. 

We are the Hoosiers.  They are the Jack Rabbits.

We are located in Bloomington, Indiana.  The are located in Brooking, South Dakota (ever heard of it ? )

Interesting factoid.   Indiana University. Our last opponent, La Tech. And our next opponent, South Dakota State.  Have all played and beaten North Alabama.

----------------------------------------

Question ?  Who here has ever been in South Dakota ? 

Fun ColonialCrester fact.: My family lived on the Rosebud Indian reservation in South Dakota in the late 50's and early 60's. 

Mitchell, South Dakota is home to the Corn Palace. They actually play a pretty big high school basketball tournament there. Trendon Watford's team played in it last year. 

I've been to Sioux Falls many times, and the actual falls are quite impressive.  Many people from down here go to South Dakota for bird hunting.  The airport has a huge hunter orange sign in the fall that's says "hunters welcome" during the season. 

Go Hoosiers!

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Rapid City is a misleading name. Definitely not rapid, and barely a city. :coffee:

Really neat picture, though that Reacher posted for us.

About and hour's drive East from Rapid City, is a town called Deadwood. Famous for the bar where Wild Bill Hickcock was killed.  Been a while. But was able to view the table in the bar where he was shot.  And of course, Poker players know the hand he held when he was killed.  Known as  the Dead man's hand .

And in between Rapid City and Deadwood, is a place all bikers know.  Sturgis.

6 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Per capita, South Dakota is up there with Indiana on producing basketball talent.. college basketball talent at least. 

I did not know that.  Interesting, in that the population of South Dakota, is approximately the same as Indianapolis.  Another place known for producing college basketball talent.

6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Rapid City is a misleading name. Definitely not rapid, and barely a city. :coffee:

One more thing about Rapid CIty. I once spent a Christmas with a family that lived in Sundance, Wyoming. Population around 1,000.  About an hours drive to Rapid City.  And not only did they consider it a city, they called it the big city. LOL   Guess it's all in one's perspective.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

One more thing about Rapid CIty. I once spent a Christmas with a family that lived in Sundance, Wyoming. Population around 1,000.  About an hours drive to Rapid City.  And not only did they consider it a city, they called it the big city. LOL   Guess it's all in one's perspective.

Always enjoyed RC...been there twice.  Beautiful country...Mt. Rushmore and all the other great natural sights.  Mile, did you go to Devil's Tower?  Just have great memories of two trips to RC with my wife and two of our dogs.

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Always enjoyed RC...been there twice.  Beautiful country...Mt. Rushmore and all the other great natural sights.  Mile, did you go to Devil's Tower?  Just have great memories of two trips to RC with my wife and two of our dogs.

Yes. Made it to Devil's Tower.  Before it became famous in the movie. Impressive, as is Mt. Rushmore.  The thing about that part of the country, it was totally different than anything I had experienced previously. Growing up in NWI.  And thinking Chicago was the bomb at the time.  Nothing like traveling the highway in Wyoming, from North to South at night. And going for miles and miles, without seeing another car, much less a house light. 

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

From what I can tell, SDS's main scorer is Wilson...6'7" 210 lbs kid.  Sounds like a good match up for Justin defensively.  Nebraska handled this team, so I'm not really worried, but the Hoosiers can't lose focus.  I think we win by 15.

Their roster :

South Dakota State Athletics - 2019-20 Men's Basketball Roster

Archived