Women's Basketball

21 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

We could/should have a top ten team after the weekend!

Also, did anyone else see Baylor destroy UConn? Makes one of our losses look better.

Yes on both accounts. Top 10 is huge.  Stopped the 98 game home win streak of UCONN. 

If we get the mens team going all our major programs are enjoying success

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could get into following women's basketball. Not kidding, not being dismissive at all, I just don't watch women's basketball, and wish I could get into it.

This team is really good, they are exceptionally well coached, and they are, I think, only going to continue to get better. The "build" of the women's team has gone very well. I hope the men's team follows along this path, it's a really good path they're on.

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I wish I could get into following women's basketball. Not kidding, not being dismissive at all, I just don't watch women's basketball, and wish I could get into it.

This team is really good, they are exceptionally well coached, and they are, I think, only going to continue to get better. The "build" of the women's team has gone very well. I hope the men's team follows along this path, it's a really good path they're on.

Don't let all of those 'will you go out with me' rejections from high school cloud your perception.

11 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Your missing out. You want to see deadeye shooters and crisp passing and movement...your watching the wrong gender. We don’t have a single guy on our team that could out shoot these girls. I love it! It’s perfect timing with ND taking a downturn...hope we continue to capitalize on this momentum and recruit the crap out of the state.

A big 1st Qtr (22 pts) and Penn's 12 pts see IU with a 37-32 lead at the half.  Berger adds 8 pts and Wise had 6 pts, while Gulbe grabbed 5 boards and Wise pulled down 4 rbs.  CTM, again used her bench and 9 players saw time on the court (6 in double digit minutes).  Both teams shot 51+%.  IU held a rebound edge at 17-12 and led at one time by 14 pts in the 1st half.  Most of the other stats are fairly even.

Go Hoosiers!

IU just failled to get its first win (91-85 in 2OTs) by IU in Iowa City since 1994 and break a long home win streak by the Hawkeyes.  Penn had 24 pts (Gulbe - 18 pts and Berger - 16 pts).  A hard fought game after the 1st Qtr saw Wise pulled down 9 boards while Gulbe and Holmes grabbed 8 and 7 boards, respectively each,  Please see above live stats link for a boxscore.  GBR ...  Would have been nice to get out of town with this one!

Go Hoosiers!

3 minutes ago, snowling said:
IU just failled to get its first win (91-85 in 2OTs) by IU in Iowa City since 1994 and break a long home win streak by the Hawkeyes.  Penn had 24 pts (Gulbe - 18 pts and Berger - 16 pts).  A hard fought game after the 1st Qtr saw Wise pulled down 9 boards while Gulbe and Holmes grabbed 8 and 7 boards, respectively each,  Please see above live stats link for a boxscore.  GBR ...  Would have been nice to get out of town with this one!

Go Hoosiers!

Sadly missed FTs cost the girls in this one......

3 minutes ago, snowling said:

Go Hoosiers!

Really bummed...not a great ending to what was a great week-end.

Archived