Women's Basketball

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough loss, but probably should have won.  Ali P had a terrible game.  Not like her to shoot so badly plus she could not defend Doyle, who looked like an all American in this game.  Even worse though, was the putrid offense at the end of regulation and the first OT when IU had the ball with a chance to win.  All game long the team found offensive sets and plays, but in the final seconds, both times, they just dribbled the ball around and whoever had it last had to force up a contested shot with the clock running out.  I know TM is a good coach, but I( don't understand what she/they did in those critical situations.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:42 PM, 5fouls said:

Don't let all of those 'will you go out with me' rejections from high school cloud your perception.

Just look at 5fouls as an example. He didn't let that restraining order from Tyra Buss dampen his enthusiasm for women's basketball at all.

After a slow start because of failure to handle MD's pressure (down 8-0), the Hoosiers battle back into the game by 1st Qtr end. CTM has gone 10 deep (6 playing 10+ minutes). TOs continued to haunt IU early in the 2nd Qtr. and MD built an 13 pt lead (18-3 run). Patberg has the long assist. With only 6 pt in the Qtr, IU finds itself down 34-21. GBR!

Penn - 7 pt, Berger - 6 pt & Gulbe - 6 rb

Go Hoosiers!

I missed the last game but saw they gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter.  Maybe the same offensive sets as in the 2nd quarter of this game.  What are they doing? Passing around the perimeter until there is no shot clock left.  Getting trapped by a press.  Come on, there are ways to beat a press and it should not take forever to get an offensive shot.  Get the ball to Holmes and she either gets a shot, gets fouled or passes back out to an open shooter.

IU's woes continue in the 3rd Qtr and the O never seems to get going; the 4th Qtr showed no improvement and produced a -  loss.  UMD dominated inside play tonight.  Tough game for IU!

Berger - 21 pt
Patberg - 15 pt, 5 ast & 4 stl
Holmes - 8 pt & 6 rb
Gulbe - 8 rb

Go Hoosiers!

Archived