2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just wondering about worst high profile coaching hires of all time where this ranks. Obviously Gruden is up there too. I was thinking about Chip Kelly but then I realized literally almost every team in the league is using his offense and realize if he was brought in the RPO stuff now he might be a huge success....it was just the league's players didn't like the change at the time and thought he was a gimmick.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

"Urban renewal" has failed.

Really not sure what to think about him being fired. I've been pretty much anti Urban since his Florida days. Admittedly though he's grown on me the last couple years doing studio work. To me though if you did all the vetting beforehand....Urban hasn't changed. He's always been this way...so the Jags owner was willing to overlook his past to hire him but now using the same stuff to fire him?

Bad organizations stay bad typically because of ownership. 

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Will Urban Meyer disappear now or wind up back in the booth?

How much more tarnish can this guy put on him before networks and organizations lay off of him?

If he doesn't end up back in the booth, he will eventually be back coaching in college. Wins always eliminates any tarnish a person has and he definitely wins in CFB.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

If he doesn't end up back in the booth, he will eventually be back coaching in college. Wins always eliminates any tarnish a person has and he definitely wins in CFB.

That tarnish very well could hinder his hiring at a premier program...or the booth for that matter.

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Maybe he wants to reunite with Matta and become a consultant to the AD on the football side of things for Indiana. Isn't he married to an Indiana gal? I know Matta is. 

Now there is an idea.  There will have to be something in his contract that prohibits him from "body grinding" at Bloomington restaurants...

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, rico said:

Now there is an idea.  There will have to be something in his contract that prohibits him from "body grinding" at Bloomington restaurants...

I imagine it's in his MARRIAGE CONTRACT lol. If not explicitly it's definitely in the fine print lol. I'm not a lawyer but I don't want to try to argue that one with my wife lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rico said:

Something tells me Urbs has done this before.  LOL

Something tells me your probably right. Not sure what goes through a guys minds to be so selfish to hurt their families. I don't know all the stories around Urban...but I don't think he is the kind of guy that I would want to associate with. He seems to operate with no regard to anyone but himself....seems very narcissistic.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Something tells me your probably right. Not sure what goes through a guys minds to be so selfish to hurt their families. I don't know all the stories around Urban...but I don't think he is the kind of guy that I would want to associate with. He seems to operate with no regard to anyone but himself....seems very narcissistic.  

He is a trash human

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

EGO EGO EGO EGO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

EGO EGO EGO EGO. 

I play cards with a former All American at Ohio St, played in the NFL,etc.....I could start typing now and wouldn't be done until tonight with the stories he's shared about Urban over the years (allegedly) including some of the stuff that went down with Zach Smith. 

Don't know what's true and what isn't anymore but Urban has "stuff" around him all the time at every single stop. Only difference is colleges turn a blind eye for the sake of winning. Only thing you can't do in college as a coach is lose. Everything else is permissible.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Irish should have held out....

They don't need the drama. I doubt he would go there anyways...he just doesn't fit the profile and neither does most of his players fit the profile of ND. USC/LSU would have been better fits.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1