Around the B1G/NCAA

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Wisky vs Xavier tonight.  Going to try to catch some this game to see how the Badgers look.  X has some returning experience and grad transfers with size.  Might be an interesting matchup on X's home floor.

Not sure what to think of Xavier. They barely beat an Evansville team that Illinois (who I think sucks) beat by 40.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Detroit play Butler last night and did not realize that coach Davis son Antoine was a freshman on Detroit.  He came into the game averaging 30 points in two games but in the first half he jacked up a lot of bad shots.  Watching them last night reminded me of watching the Bracey Wright era of Indiana basketball.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure what to think of Xavier. They barely beat an Evansville team that Illinois (who I think sucks) beat by 40.

New coach, though he was with Mack for long time, and some new players.  X has Paul Scruggs, Naji Marshall, Quentin Goodin, Tyrique Jones who all played significant minutes last year.  These guys are seeing, I think, what it's like to play without the proverbial "go to guy" in both Trevon Bluiett and JP Macura.  Plus they're working in a couple of big men grad transfers.  I'd give them little chance if this was in Madison...but at home it could be interesting.  In the end, the Badgers  may simply have too much size and discipline to lose this one.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

They have had a "Happ" type post player for what seems like decades. They'll always have one. They are a thorn in my side up here. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Agreed they are a bunch of bulldogs...you just can’t shake them loose. I will say I was surprised Xavier didn’t go hack a Happ...instead they continued to let him kill them in the paint down the stretch. I gotta think that was an inexperienced coaching mistake.

Archived