Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

If I had a son that was capable of playing high level D1  basketball I would have no issue with him playing for Coach Beilein. IMO as good as they come 

He's a great coach.  Someone on here said he was dirty though.  Not sure if true.  He'd be our coach today and Sampson never would've been hired had it not been for Adam Herbert.  I wouldn't trade Archie for anyone but Brad Stevens though.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's a great coach.  Someone on here said he was dirty though.  Not sure if true.  He'd be our coach today and Sampson never would've been hired had it not been for Adam Herbert.  I wouldn't trade Archie for anyone but Brad Stevens though.

Not even for Gregg Marshall???    :coffee:

46 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Beilein is the boy scout of NCAA.  Clean as a whistle, and has a reputation for that.  

Michigan has definitely had a couple good runs here.  I was on a UM board recently, I think when I was looking for information about DJ Carton.  Looking through some old threads, their fanbase was not high on him at all before last year's run.  Borderline hot seat type of stuff.  Just one great run like last year, and he's mentioned with the best current coaches.  

I'm a fan of Beilein.  Certainly I like UM way more than MSU.  And way more than OSU.  

5 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Beilein is the boy scout of NCAA.  Clean as a whistle, and has a reputation for that.  

Michigan has definitely had a couple good runs here.  I was on a UM board recently, I think when I was looking for information about DJ Carton.  Looking through some old threads, their fanbase was not high on him at all before last year's run.  Borderline hot seat type of stuff.  Just one great run like last year, and he's mentioned with the best current coaches.  

I'm a fan of Beilein.  Certainly I like UM way more than MSU.  And way more than OSU.  

Can someone refresh my memory what the problem was at West Virginia with Beilein....or why Dakich said yes and no real quick? Was there other folks there wanting/willing to cheat and Dakich/Beilein said heck no??

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can someone refresh my memory what the problem was at West Virginia with Beilein....or why Dakich said yes and no real quick? Was there other folks there wanting/willing to cheat and Dakich/Beilein said heck no??

I have said before....B ain't as clean as what he appears to be.  But here is some insight on "ME"  LOL

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/sports/ncaabasketball/landing-in-west-virginia-dan-dakich-checked-the-exits.html

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

UCONN. with a new coach, knocks off #15 Syracuse and Jim Boeheim 83-76.....

Don’t get me wrong I really have been impressed with Jay Wright but let’s be honest...he has really benefited from the fall out at Syracuse a few years back and with Kevin Ollie running UConn into the ground. With both programs coming back and Georgetown/St Johns being respectable again they aren’t going to just get who they want up there in the Northeast. I wish the old Big East was still around that was an awesome basketball conference. Entertaining ball games every night for basketball lovers.

I’m just going to say it. The B1G looks good so far this year. Maybe not a dominant team but looks to be very good and deep this year.

Also I don’t think Arkansas will be a pushover. They are a solid athletic team that will be hard to beat on the road. I will be impressed if we win that with our limited roster.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m just going to say it. The B1G looks good so far this year. Maybe not a dominant team but looks to be very good and deep this year.

Also I don’t think Arkansas will be a pushover. They are a solid athletic team that will be hard to beat on the road. I will be impressed if we win that with our limited roster.

I don't think that a B1G school has ever won at Arky?

48 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't think that a B1G school has ever won at Arky?

That’s a tough place to play...I don’t know if that is true about a B1G team never winning there but being down in SEC country I’ve seen plenty of teams struggle there. They are very athletic and can score in bunches. It would be a huge win. Any win on the road is impressive....A win on Sunday would signal to me we are much better than I anticipated this early. Place us firmly in the Top 20 reguardless of the Duke outcome.

Archived