Around the B1G/NCAA

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny stuff. Minus one of our title teams the 89 team has always been my favorite. I think we gave up 100+ 3 times in our first 5 or 6 games. People were freaking out and Knight turned in one of his best coaching jobs ever in my opinion. We'll see if Cal is up to the task.

Cal doesn't have the same personnel that Bobby had.  And by that I mean upperclassmen.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Cincy is just an awful shooting team. Barely drawing iron from behind the arc.

They do play defense though.

Cronin learned defense from Huggins...and Pitino, but didn't seem to pickup any offense.  He never has been able to recruit any shooters?  Lots of bricks.

12 hours ago, rico said:

You forgot about Hillman........Cal is terrible about putting a team together.

No...I remember him well. Your original point was Cal didn't/doesn't have upperclassmen. I was just pointing out how many 1st or 2nd year players started for our 89 team.... Favorite team.

19 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

OSU up 38-22.

Cronin can't teach offense.  Bearcats are always D first and struggle to score.  Ugly basketball...almost unwatchable, in my opinion.

Yep...he plays like the early 2000's NE Patriots. You start holding and impeding receivers early and often and dirty and muddy up the game so much that they can't call everything and slowly they start to let things go so the game is so physical and muddied up it's to your advantage. They basically bring everyone down to their level offensively. I know they are finally upgrading their facilities so perhaps they will be able to recruit some better offensively talented players but for a long time it was just find athletes and teach them physical pressuring defense. He isn't down here at Murray anymore...he should be able to at least get some offensive minded players by now.

That said for OSU to win in Cincy....that's a nice feather in Holtman's cap....good win for them!

Archived