Around the B1G/NCAA

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I post on him often but how things went down I won't ever forget. Anyway...if Kris Wilkes thinks he's going pro after his 2nd season ( I know he thought 1 and done) he's got a great path to the G League or Europe. Watching him right now vs UNC. Not getting back on D. Missing wide open shots and appears UCLA is focusing on other options when it comes to their sets. Given the discussion in other thread about Romeo's spot in our offense (which I find amusing)...seems that Wilkes is roughly the 3rd option at UCLA.

UCLA is perhaps one of the most undisciplined teams in all of college basketball. They out talent most teams but when they get into real competition they just can't execute at a high enough level to be consistent. Their defense is usually atrocious as well!! Kris would have been well served to play here and been the focus of the offense for us last year with Morgan and would have learned a lot under Archie. At the worst should have went to Purdue and he would have seen a ton of open jumpers playing off Edwards and last year off Harms. Don't get me wrong....I love beating Purdue but if an Indiana kid isn't coming to IU I want them to stay home and represent their state. We have some really great ball here in this state....from IU, Purdue to ND and Butler.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't like to see that one bit. Regardless of the recruitment. Wilkes down. Looks like a knee. Hopefully he'll be ok.

When did that happen?

I've got no animus for this kid.  He made a mistake choosing UCLA, but to my knowledge, he wasn't a turd about it like the Garlands were.  Hope he's better soon, but knees are almost always bad news.

19 minutes ago, slojoe said:

But OG had already played one year though his playing time was limited early.  I think he really got his reputation in NCAA tournament especially his defensive play v. UK.

But he sat out the rest of the year....maybe Nerlins Noel is a better example.

Archived