Around the B1G/NCAA

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I left just before halftime when game was close to run a few errands. What happened? Kentucky start hitting shots?

Pretty much everything.  Mostly it was Louisville not hitting shots, and I mean nothing would go in..  Foul trouble for Louisville.  A bad stretch where Louisville turned it over 3-4 straight times.  And, yes, UK started hitting some shots.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Coach1K said:

For awhile it was good until they couldn't compete with them.

I think every game ever played could be described this way... even if the "awhile " only lasted a few minutes 

:coffee:

I had a very good day today.  Nothing to do with College Basketball. But everything to do with College Athletes.   I had breakfast with the University of Denver men's ice hockey team. Defending national champions, and winners of eight national championships.  They started the season out ranked number one. But were bummed out at breakfast because they dropped a game Friday night.  Still they were great young men to talk to. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I had a very good day today.  Nothing to do with College Basketball. But everything to do with College Athletes.   I had breakfast with the University of Denver men's ice hockey team. Defending national champions, and winners of eight national championships.  They started the season out ranked number one. But were bummed out at breakfast because they dropped a game Friday night.  Still they were great young men to talk to. 

That’s cool as hell Mile. It reminded me of something that happened to me. I moved to Huntsville, Al at the end of 94. I was 22 and was a server/bartender at a restaurant here in town.

About 2 years later I was working a cocktail shift for my gf(now wife). I was waiting on this black guy, about my age, who seemed really popular. About $200 into his tab, he says he has to leave to pick up a friend, but he was coming right back. I told him he had to settle his tab first. He asked if I knew who he was. I had no clue. He said I’m Antonio Langham, still no clue.He gave me his National Championship ring to hold until he came back. We was the star player, CB on the Tide’s 92 title team and was the #9 overall pick in the 94 draft!That was my introduction to Bama football!!

22 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

That’s cool as hell Mile. It reminded me of something that happened to me. I moved to Huntsville, Al at the end of 94. I was 22 and was a server/bartender at a restaurant here in town.

About 2 years later I was working a cocktail shift for my gf(now wife). I was waiting on this black guy, about my age, who seemed really popular. About $200 into his tab, he says he has to leave to pick up a friend, but he was coming right back. I told him he had to settle his tab first. He asked if I knew who he was. I had no clue. He said I’m Antonio Langham, still no clue.He gave me his National Championship ring to hold until he came back. We was the star player, CB on the Tide’s 92 title team and was the #9 overall pick in the 94 draft!That was my introduction to Bama football!!

I love it when members share personal stories like this.  Thanks for sharing with us. 

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I love it when members share personal stories like this.  Thanks for sharing with us. 

After all these years and all 3 HSN sites, y’all are family, so I had to share with y’all! I actually hadn’t thought about that in years, until I read your post! So thank you!

Archived