IU - Purdue Post Game thread

41 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Thanks.

In the last 6 possessions of the first half one of the things that stood out to me was TJD only touching the ball once, and that touch was beyond the top of the key.  He was in the game for the first three possessions and on the bench for the last three. Maybe Archie saw something but I’m not sure why you would rest him, as he was not in foul trouble, 1:30 prior to a long halftime.   I realize saying “get more touches for TJD” is easier said than done, since defenses know they can clog the middle due to our subpar guard play, but we really need to figure out a way for him to touch the ball on nearly every non-transition possession.

Couldn’t agree more especially knowing he wasn’t going to have the players observe he almost had double the normal break coming 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Thanks.

In the last 6 possessions of the first half one of the things that stood out to me was TJD only touching the ball once, and that touch was beyond the top of the key.  He was in the game for the first three possessions and on the bench for the last three. Maybe Archie saw something but I’m not sure why you would rest him, as he was not in foul trouble, 1:30 prior to a long halftime.   I realize saying “get more touches for TJD” is easier said than done, since defenses know they can clog the middle due to our subpar guard play, but we really need to figure out a way for him to touch the ball on nearly every non-transition possession.

Been saying your last sentence since before people started Christmas shopping. I was still really disappointed only with 9 attempts on Saturday. He turned 9 into 16. Imagine what he does with 15-17 per game.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Been saying your last sentence since before people started Christmas shopping. I was still really disappointed only with 9 attempts on Saturday. He turned 9 into 16. Imagine what he does with 15-17 per game.

Why does TJD spend so much time at the top of the key?  It’s kind of baffling.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And some of his shots aren’t even designed touches ....some are him getting offensive rebounds which cuts his touches generated from the offensive scheme even lower 

13 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

And some of his shots aren’t even designed touches ....some are him getting offensive rebounds which cuts his touches generated from the offensive scheme even lower 

He’d get more looks if he could handle behind the back passes thrown at his knees, late in the shot clock. Maybe Race can help him. 

17 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Why does TJD spend so much time at the top of the key?  It’s kind of baffling.

Its our offense.  Set the screen at the top of the key.  Roll to the wrong block.  Guards drives off of the screen to where the Big just rolled.  Clog up the lane.  Dribble out.  Dribble.  Dribble.  Dribble.  Green for 3.  Miss.  No Offensive Rebound.  Jog back on Defense.  Give up opponent 3 off lazy defense.  Rinse and Repeat.

Basic IU Offensive

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its our offense.  Set the screen at the top of the key.  Roll to the wrong block.  Guards drives off of the screen to where the Big just rolled.  Clog up the lane.  Dribble out.  Dribble.  Dribble.  Dribble.  Green for 3.  Miss.  No Offensive Rebound.  Jog back on Defense.  Give up opponent 3 of lazy defense.  Rinse and Repeat.

Basic IU Offensive

I feel like you could do play by play for the games without watching man ...that’s talent 

Archived