The H🔥T Seat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller following in Tom Crean's footsteps by losing his first 5 games to Purdue...nice. 

What I never get is how fans blame a poor shooting night on a coach.  We all know IU is capable of shooting much better than they did. It's maddening that they didn't and blew an opportunity to get some road revenge but i can't fir the life of me see how that's the coach's fault.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

What I never get is how fans blame a poor shooting night on a coach.  We all know IU is capable of shooting much better than they did. It's maddening that they didn't and blew an opportunity to get some road revenge but i can't fir the life of me see how that's the coach's fault.

Free throws as well.  Geesh!  Archie not shooting those either.

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, to be fair, it's up to the coach to design an offense that gets open, quality looks, but we seem to struggle making every shot on the court, so it's hard to tell if coaching is the issue here. I mean, I'm pretty sure CAM's offense isn't designed for Devonte to launch a 30 footer 10 seconds into the shot clock. 🙄

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That non-conference schedule was #78 last I looked. Lots of other power 6 teams with worse non-con schedules than IU.

Then how’s our net so low? I’m genuinely asking not trying to argue or anything but I can’t understand how they keep saying our net is so low/high whichever way you want to look at it. 

2 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Then how’s our net so low? I’m genuinely asking not trying to argue or anything but I can’t understand how they keep saying our net is so low/high whichever way you want to look at it. 

I think it’s the blow out loses on the road. 

i don't know how all of the ratings work these days, but to me the OOC schedule was wise this year.  at least we'll look like a 20 win team.  had we played a tougher schedule and ended up right at .500, it's hard to imagine that would be a better resume?  maybe it is though?  anyway, if you want this thread to die out, i would suggest not responding to it.  each of those posts contribute to making it longer!

Just now, Indiana8585 said:

Thank you I know Katz was saying it’s not exact and it’s new but I just get frustrated because we have good wins but the net seems to stay the same. 

I’m not 100% sure but that’s the only thing I can think of 

Or rename the thread and it can just be the coach’s seat. I guess it’s just odd because last year we were stuck around .500 overall but still really close to making the tournament, then this year like you say and I agree we get 20 wins hopefully but it’s still led us to being a high seed or on the bubble all year. 

10 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I think it’s the blow out loses on the road. 

This. That's the only thing that has made any sense.  Aside from last night and at Rutgers, IU has mostly quit on the road and gotten blown out.  Still doesn't make much sense but it's the best I've got right now.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This. That's the only thing that has made any sense.  Aside from last night and at Rutgers, IU has mostly quit on the road and gotten blown out.  Still doesn't make much sense but it's the best I've got right now.

I agree 100% it just doesn’t make any sense but who knows with the NCAA nowadays. The quality wins we have are better than the cayuts but we still have a net worse than teams at .500. 

49 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Wifes out of country for two weeks. So I have nothing better to do, than add to one of the top 5 dumbest threads ever on this board. She gets back today, so I will fade out of this one.

Ok so you keep posting,  yet it’s such a dumb thread that you’re keeping it alive? It is funny because it makes no sense to keep posting if the threads so bad 

48 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I dont know my friend.  Someone will keep it alive for some reason or another.

No you just like to complain, attack and blindly defend Archie no matter what the results are on the court yet some of us have concerns which is apparently just trash to even post haha. Plenty of people, plenty of my friends who I graduated with at IU and older fans I talk to feel the same way about the state of the program. So there’s thousands and thousands of us idiot IU alums and fans out there who just happen to question if we’ve really improved in year 3. 

No you just like to complain, attack and blindly defend Archie no matter what the results are on the court yet some of us have concerns which is apparently just trash to even post haha. Plenty of people, plenty of my friends who I graduated with at IU and older fans I talk to feel the same way about the state of the program. So there’s thousands and thousands of us idiot IU alums and fans out there who just happen to question if we’ve really improved in year 3. 

I never said you are alone! I'm full aware of the # of idiots! 

What is wrong with supporting and backing the program we root for?  If everyone would just ban together and back the program maybe it would be in better shape than it is when we have a lot of fans putting down the program.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is wrong with supporting and backing the program we root for?  If everyone would just ban together and back the program maybe it would be in better shape than it is when we have a lot of fans putting down the program.

Who said I’m not? I’ve been to every home big ten game and drive over an hour to get to Assembly so please don’t give me the you need to back the team stuff. Went to every game my senior year with Crean as coach and we won 6 games questioning the state of our program isn’t saying fire Archie. 

7 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Who said I’m not? I’ve been to every home big ten game and drive over an hour to get to Assembly so please don’t give me the you need to back the team stuff. Went to every game my senior year with Crean as coach and we won 6 games questioning the state of our program isn’t saying fire Archie. 

But you know the drill, right?

You can support the team, but the instant you say anything negative, it's completely different.

You know...… Rainbows and Unicorns  🙄

Archived