Iowa Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Iowa just trying to do a bunch of flopping and cheap shot talking at this point to try to get back into it. BS 

The worst part is the refs are buying it. Hunter's technical was stupid, but it should have been a double. 

McCaffrey should have a technical and a flopping warning right now. Garza had a moving screen on that play as well.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PhinithreeMagic said:

My secret weapon for this IU team that we've only gotten a glimpse of is Jerome Hunter out of the post. Improved guard play is obviously a priority but the combination for Jerome's ability from 3 and what I believe to be his potential out of the post could make him a very dynamic player next year.

Better catch a clue on how to play D!

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

The worst part is the refs are buying it. Hunter's technical was stupid, but it should have been a double. 

McCaffrey should have a technical and a flopping warning right now. Garza had a moving screen on that play as well.

I’m glad you said that because I was thinking the same thing re: moving screen.

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Better catch a clue on how to play D!

He's not there yet but I think he'll eventually be a very good defender at the collegiate level. You have to remember this is a kid that really couldn't do much of any physical activity for a year. The difference in his physicality and lateral quickness from the beginning of the season to now is already a pretty drastic difference.

Just now, PhinithreeMagic said:

He's not there yet but I think he'll eventually be a very good defender at the collegiate level. You have to remember this is a kid that really couldn't do much of any physical activity for a year. The difference in his physicality and lateral quickness from the beginning of the season to now is already a pretty drastic difference.

Just stop fouling on threes. Two games in a row.

We do have quite a few possessions though that we just pass it around the perimeter until its time to throw a desperation heave at the shot clock. A lot of “here, I don’t want it, you take it!....no, I don’t want it, here you take it...oh crap there’s only 2 on the shot clock!” When those possessions happen it doesn’t look like there’s any purpose in what they are trying to do at all. 

Archived