Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
milehiiu

Indiana vs Michigan Pre-Game Thread

Sunday.  February 16

Ann Arbor, where the predicted high for the day is 35 degrees

National television on CBS

1 p.m. EST

While IU has a one game advantage over Michigan overall. Both teams are tied at 6-7 in the B1G.  Winner, winner chicken dinner goes to even in the conference.

• Thanks 2

I think Teske is a little better matchup for Joey. Livers is back for Michigan, and he makes a big difference. 

I think the key is Rob on Xavier Simpson. If Rob can hold him down we have a good shot. Another Devonte hot game would help too. I don't think they have anyone that can handle TJD one on one either...

But Michigan is a very balanced team. 5 guys average in double figures. They've been playing better lately...

Go Hoosiers!

• Like 1

It’s a tough out on the road. If we take a fraction of what we had last night to Ann Arbor we stand a chance. I have to see it happen on the road first before I can be too optimistic heading into a road game. We have to pick someone off at their place eventually, don’t we?

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

An oldie but a goodie.  Hope we can kick Howard’s arse again.

Won 3 of of 4 against the Fab 5 the two years they were all together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah but to be fair didn’t they go to the national title game both years?  Does anyone know Michigan’s overall record in title games?  I’m guessing it’s Buffalo Bills like while we’re 5-1.

Why is it we seem to always catch teams playing their best? I mean Michigan a couple weeks ago looked like doggie do do...now they are all healthy and rounding into shape. Maryland and Michigan St. same way. Oh well...will be a great win for us if we pull it out.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah but to be fair didn’t they go to the national title game both years?  Does anyone know Michigan’s overall record in title games?  I’m guessing it’s Buffalo Bills like while we’re 5-1.

They are great in the final four round...like 6-1 but 1-6 in championship games.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Off the top of my head they lost in 76,92,93,2013 and another year that I can't remember and won in 89

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I believe I had front row tix under the basket at Assembly Hall for that 1 loss. 

I think it was a couple of years later when only two of the Fab 5 were left that UM broke out 56 home winning streak.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Off the top of my head they lost in 76,92,93,2013 and another year that I can't remember and won in 89

They were runner up in 1965,  and 92,93 were vacated. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Key to the game: 

Whether Zavier Simpson will be driving the AD's car to the game or not.

It’s just like Blue Chips where Happy gets Neon the Lexus.  I’m sure the NCAA will drop the hammer any second though.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It’s just like Blue Chips where Happy gets Neon the Lexus.  I’m sure the NCAA will drop the hammer any second though.  

Well if the NCAA had Al Bundy as their investigator like on Blue Chips they might do something.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well if the NCAA had Al Bundy as their investigator like on Blue Chips they might do something.

Unfortunately for us Al would be way too overqualified to work for the NCAA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Key to the game: 

Whether Zavier Simpson will be driving the AD's car to the game or not.

The key to stopping him is to apply the utility pole and street sign defense. Defensive variation of the "Ol' Picket Fence"

• Like 1

IU matches up well with this team.  I think Race gets major minutes in this one as well.  Hopefully that first lineup Archie plays doesn’t get us down to far.  Never have liked that starting lineup.  Like every game we play for the rest of this season, how Devonte goes is how this team goes. Go Hoosiers!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

And I don't think any money was exchanged on IU's side:jumprope: