IU Football 2020

26 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly and I can hear him saying that, everyday that the College football world is talking about Indiana Football is only helping recruiting in a big way

We all know CTA is a class act! Pi**ing and moaning is not in his DNA, nor his wheel house.  You better believe there's a 5* recruit/recruits somewhere with offers from every power 5 school and has circled IU as a legit place of interest.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as the season is over I'm going to give my breakdown of IU Football 2021 just like this thread... but 

Lets go 3 years from now (because I love projecting)... our OL could be 

LT Joshua Sales 6'6 310lbs RS SO/JR

LG Khalil Benson 6'6 330lbs RS SO/JR

C Mike Katic 6'4 315lbs RS JR/SR

RG Brady Feeney 6'4 325lbs RS SO/JR 

RT Randy Holtz 6'7 350lbs RS SO/JR 

Good god that's big. I believe in what we are doing OL wise. We are just two years out. HAVE to find 1-2 above average-good grad transfers next year. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

As soon as the season is over I'm going to give my breakdown of IU Football 2021 just like this thread... but 

Good god that's big. I believe in what we are doing OL wise. We are just two years out. HAVE to find 1-2 above average-good grad transfers next year. 

Good god that’s a big line

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Can you imagine  needin' to use the "CAN" after one of these big fellas? Uhh, can I get a plunger?......That big guy that just walked out, put this commode out of commission! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Can you imagine  needin' to use the "CAN" after one of these big fellas? Uhh, can I get a plunger?......That big guy that just walked out, put this commode out of commission! 🤣

McCulley will have the red carpet laid out for him.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Awesome.  I love having your coaching acumen contributing here.  

I have been wondering where we go at center.  I think you’re right about Katic.  His body type seems to fit.  I’m excited about Benson.

Have you heard good things about Holtz?  I’ve wondered about his footwork at tackle but man is he massive. 

Interior offensive line is sometimes ignored in football analysis.  You have QB, skill position, pass rushers, and corners. That’s fine.  When you hear about O line, everyone is worried about the tackles.   But I’ve long felt that interior offensive line is a critical asset.  They stop up the middle pass rush that prevents the QB from stepping up and can absolutely set the tone and attitude of the whole offense.  If they are physical and nasty with some swagger, you’re running the football well and it affects the entire posture of the offense.  

57 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Can we get another game on the 19th or do we just go to whatever bowl they want to send us to?

We will almost certainly be scheduled to play Iowa on the 19th. (Unless they decide to try to fit Purdue into that week but I doubt it with both of our COVID situations). 

We might not be able to play due to COVID, but we’ll have a game set for that weekend.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Awesome.  I love having your coaching acumen contributing here.  

I have been wondering where we go at center.  I think you’re right about Katic.  His body type seems to fit.  I’m excited about Benson.

Have you heard good things about Holtz?  I’ve wondered about his footwork at tackle but man is he massive. 

Interior offensive line is sometimes ignored in football analysis.  You have QB, skill position, pass rushers, and corners. That’s fine.  When you hear about O line, everyone is worried about the tackles.   But I’ve long felt that interior offensive line is a critical asset.  They stop up the middle pass rush that prevents the QB from stepping up and can absolutely set the tone and attitude of the whole offense.  If they are physical and nasty with some swagger, you’re running the football well and it affects the entire posture of the offense.  

Truthfully.. Katic was a guess at center.. but I know colleges and the pros believe they can teach anyone to snap.  

I just love that Holtz and Wiginton were from the 2 of the best 3 (Penn) HS programs in the state north of Hamilton County.  Plus Holtz fit my graphic the best 🤣

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Both he, and Coach Allen took shots at the CFP.

I love what Coach said in an interview with Don Fischer yesterday.......

“I am going to state the facts and people need to make decisions. We can’t be a part of Ohio State’s strength of schedule and negate our strength of schedule,” Allen said.

Allen said his team will continue its earmuffs and blinders mantra and use the ranking as motivation to close out the season.

Earmuffs and blinders. I’m not deaf or blind, but I will continue to use these things as motivation. We are going to continue to put those logs on the fire, just keep that thing stoked up, just keep it burning on the inside, and we are going to keep getting better. Our guys are going to be so stinking ready to play. I can’t wait. This team still has plenty to prove. I am proud of this football team… we have a special thing here, and the best is yet to come for Indiana football,” Allen said.

18 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love what Coach said in an interview with Don Fischer yesterday.......

“I am going to state the facts and people need to make decisions. We can’t be a part of Ohio State’s strength of schedule and negate our strength of schedule,” Allen said.

Allen said his team will continue its earmuffs and blinders mantra and use the ranking as motivation to close out the season.

Earmuffs and blinders. I’m not deaf or blind, but I will continue to use these things as motivation. We are going to continue to put those logs on the fire, just keep that thing stoked up, just keep it burning on the inside, and we are going to keep getting better. Our guys are going to be so stinking ready to play. I can’t wait. This team still has plenty to prove. I am proud of this football team… we have a special thing here, and the best is yet to come for Indiana football,” Allen said.

I never have had a problem with Coach Allen. But as time goes by.... my respect for him as a HC continues to grow.

30 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I am hearing we're looking at 9 or 10 COVID positives in the program, mostly on defense.

How about this?..........The BIGTEN is ok with changing rules for OSU, why can't they change the COVID waiting period from 21 days to 14 or 10 like the SEC....

Here is the SEC's rules towards COVID positive players......

Cardiac Screening and Return-to-Play following COVID-19 Infection Based on CDC guidance, all student-athletes diagnosed with a COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) infection, will require isolation for at least 10 full days with day 0 starting at the onset of symptoms or the day of testing, if asymptomatic. No exercise should be undertaken during the isolation period. After the isolation period is completed, each student-athlete will undergo a medical evaluation by a team physician. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

How about this?..........The BIGTEN is ok with changing rules for OSU, why can't they change the COVID waiting period from 21 days to 14 or 10 like the SEC....

Here is the SEC's rules towards COVID positive players......

Cardiac Screening and Return-to-Play following COVID-19 Infection Based on CDC guidance, all student-athletes diagnosed with a COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) infection, will require isolation for at least 10 full days with day 0 starting at the onset of symptoms or the day of testing, if asymptomatic. No exercise should be undertaken during the isolation period. After the isolation period is completed, each student-athlete will undergo a medical evaluation by a team physician. 

Big Ten has botched this all around. I get being cautious with COVID, but there's zero reason an athlete in peak shape, most of whom are probably asymptomatic, need to sit out 21 days without any exceptions. It's insanity.

Archived