IU Football 2020

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange new world for us IU Football fans. Going to be tough to only have 1 more game with this group and have to wait for 8+ months for our next action. With 2020 being filled with so much negativity I can honestly say that this IU Football team has been the most positive things sports wise to me all year. Strange world/times indeed. 

I just found this tid-bit of info on another IU board....

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RJC464/history/20201217/1355Z/KAUO/KBMG

Flight goes from Auburn to Bloomington. Wesley McGriff, current DBs coach at Auburn, was the co-Defensive Coordinator/DBs coach at Ole Miss when Coach Allen was the Linebackers coach. I’m no insider but I’ll bet a decent amount of money McGriff is interviewing for IU DC job.

hmmmmmmm.....

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just found this tid-bit of info on another IU board....

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RJC464/history/20201217/1355Z/KAUO/KBMG

Flight goes from Auburn to Bloomington. Wesley McGriff, current DBs coach at Auburn, was the co-Defensive Coordinator/DBs coach at Ole Miss when Coach Allen was the Linebackers coach. I’m no insider but I’ll bet a decent amount of money McGriff is interviewing for IU DC job.

hmmmmmmm.....

I thought it was going to read Auburn was interviewing Allen😅

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why would he go to Auburn where they just fired a coach who went 68-35 and went to a national chat.  He has a pretty secure job here and as long as he keeps doing what he is doing he can stay here forever.

Also, why would Auburn waste $45 million dollars(Buyout+New Contract)on a new coach, while paying the rest of Malzahn’s Contract

My second round of research found the same things as before on Auburn. They are split on Allen, but there seems to be talk of a conspiracy on Steele (their DC, I think) and some others undermining Malzahn to get the job. The seem pretty united in not liking him. 

All based on 1 board and some random tweets. The buyout also seems to be a major factor. 

Archived