Transfer Portal--2020

rico

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We don't even have a scholarship available for Lander to reclassify do we?

I think there was the expectation that we may have a guy or two transfer.  If that is going to happen, they are taking their time.

We only had 11 players on scholarship this season and 2 graduated.  So we have 4 available scholarships for next season.  We have only 3 committed players for next year.  So we have one opening for next year.

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

We only had 11 players on scholarship this season and 2 graduated.  So we have 4 available scholarships for next season.  We have only 3 committed players for next year.  So we have one opening for next year.

and that is for Lander if he reclassifies

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

and that is for Lander if he reclassifies

Correct.  Archie said earlier that he would have two 2020 slots meaning he expected someone to leave early.  Don't know if that's since changed or not, but if Lander reclassifies and no one leaves, IU is full for 2020.

31 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

CAM's big brother is killing it?? 😵

9 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Sean Miller coaches at Arizona, not Arizona State. Bobby Hurley is ASU's coach.

...and Luther really wasn't doing much at OSU anyway.  He wasn't a fan favorite from what I read.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and Luther really wasn't doing much at OSU anyway.  He wasn't a fan favorite from what I read.

He started a lot of games and played a lot of minutes but his numbers weren't that good. He also didn't improve much his sophomore season.

8 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

He started a lot of games and played a lot of minutes but his numbers weren't that good. He also didn't improve much his sophomore season.

I'm sure others will be watching too but strange year for Holtmann. I get kids leaving for pros...but to have so many transfers after year 3 headed into year 4 makes me curious. Also makes me curious when DJ Carton's Mom likes things on twitter that said it's not always the players who want to leave. Sometimes the coaches push them out the door.

I don't know if it was some magical switch for Archie or maybe our administration and AD got the heck out of the way or whatever happened....but glad to see our program feel firmly established and headed up. With that said watch 2 guys from IU announce their transfer today. Haha.

30 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm fine with out of the Big Ten.  If he can handle the mental grind, he's got the potential to be a beast.

Trying to get the dots connected from a few friends. Rob Judson might be in play here. Either way good luck to DJ. His Mom still has his photo at IU as her header. Maybe a smaller scene is what he needs. Not sure. Something isn't adding up in terms of Ohio St. Seems like he and his support system absolutely wanted out of there. Given all the departures there....?????

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

DJ Carton to Marquette. Alrighty. 

Read an article today that said if his waiver to play in 2020-21 isn't approved he's contemplating going pro...

And 10-1 Wojo showed him Markus Howard clips (well, not against IU 😁) and said, "You wanna be this guy?" 

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Read an article today that said if his waiver to play in 2020-21 isn't approved he's contemplating going pro...

And 10-1 Wojo showed him Markus Howard clips (well, not against IU 😁) and said, "You wanna be this guy?" 

Wait I thought Dawson Garcia was going to be the next Marcus Howard shot chucker?

Looks like it close to official that Damezi Anderson is staying at IU. Probably not completely official until it comes from him. I'm glad he's staying, I really like his grit and toughness on the court, I just hope he can get comfortable and have the game slow down for him. I do wonder where his playing time would come from with everyone coming back and who's coming in, but again, I'm glad he's staying and am really pulling for him. I'd love to see him work hard and become a solid contributor next year. 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-final-grades-damezi-anderson

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Looks like it close to official that Damezi Anderson is staying at IU. Probably not completely official until it comes from him. I'm glad he's staying, I really like his grit and toughness on the court, I just hope he can get comfortable and have the game slow down for him. I do wonder where his playing time would come from with everyone coming back and who's coming in, but again, I'm glad he's staying and am really pulling for him. I'd love to see him work hard and become a solid contributor next year. 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-final-grades-damezi-anderson

Reveals plenty about a kid who hasn't seen the court. Knows more kids are on the way but still wants to work and make it work. Really hope he can find some success when he gets his minutes. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Lol. I am sure Every school recruits that way

i'm definitely good with DA staying as long as there's not an attitude thing there, but i'm really confused as to why he didn't get a couple minutes in mop up time at least down the stretch.  there were definitely games where we all took it as a sign that he was leaving because he didn't get in a blowout and literally everyone else did.  now, i am happy he wasn't in when the game was still in question because personally i don't think he has "it."  i know people on here hate when we criticize, but it's just my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm definitely good with DA staying as long as there's not an attitude thing there, but i'm really confused as to why he didn't get a couple minutes in mop up time at least down the stretch.  there were definitely games where we all took it as a sign that he was leaving because he didn't get in a blowout and literally everyone else did.  now, i am happy he wasn't in when the game was still in question because personally i don't think he has "it."  i know people on here hate when we criticize, but it's just my opinion.  

Who knows? In some cases it's more embarrassing for a scholarship player to go in with 20 seconds left with the walkon's when he's the only scholarship player that didn't play. It's not like we had many games down the stretch where the end of the bench got in with 2-3 minutes left. I'm sure he would have played in those cases, but it can be embarrassing when it's just 20-30 seconds left.

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Who knows? In some cases it's more embarrassing for a scholarship player to go in with 20 seconds left with the walkon's when he's the only scholarship player that didn't play. It's not like we had many games down the stretch where the end of the bench got in with 2-3 minutes left. I'm sure he would have played in those cases, but it can be embarrassing when it's just 20-30 seconds left.

That's my biggest fear and if he doesn't want to do that I get it if he wants to move along. Sounds like he's staying put but if an opportunity presents itself for play and minutes elsewhere...can't fault him one bit. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's my biggest fear and if he doesn't want to do that I get it if he wants to move along. Sounds like he's staying put but if an opportunity presents itself for play and minutes elsewhere...can't fault him one bit. 

I don't follow? What's your biggest fear? 

Archived