B1G next season

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Sounds like one HELL OF A DUDE and I would be honored to cling some beers or spit some war stories with this legend!!!  It's MILLER TIME IN B'TOWN as you all shall see!!!

it would definitely be something to be proud of!  he is the only person i may admit actually hates Purdouche more than me!  he is always overly positive about every recruit we sign.  he is waaaay more optimistic than i am.  i need that sometimes!  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Oh no doubt there are a bunch of them worrying. MIller's been all in on Illinois for a while and if he had doubts about his opportunities then Griffin leaving would have ended those. And Ayo's almost certainly heading out the door though who knows what might happen with sports over the next few months.

Yep. Ayo's announcement last night didn't sound or feel like a kid who is planning on a return but hopefully those around him are smart enough to really help him. One more year at Illinois could mean first round $ next year....or the alternative is staying in the draft and praying you get a chance with right team. So many good players don't even get a chance if drafted by wrong organization. I keep going back to guys like Kyle Guy. Stud player on national title team...I think he's played in 5 minutes of NBA action. 

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Ayo's announcement last night didn't sound or feel like a kid who is planning on a return but hopefully those around him are smart enough to really help him. One more year at Illinois could mean first round $ next year....or the alternative is staying in the draft and praying you get a chance with right team. So many good players don't even get a chance if drafted by wrong organization. I keep going back to guys like Kyle Guy. Stud player on national title team...I think he's played in 5 minutes of NBA action. 

Ayos vs Guy's ceiling is not even in the same zip code.  It's high rise vs a 2 story.  

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ayos vs Guy's ceiling is not even in the same zip code.  It's high rise vs a 2 story.  

Might be. Time will tell I guess. Ayo's Dad said tonight 98-99% chance he's staying in NBA draft. I think the crushing blow will be when Kofi stays in as well. Underwood has a couple talented guys coming in but freshman are still freshman. As tough as the Big 10 will be next year again....not good to be young.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, FKIM01 said:

I was sparring with some idiot Michigan fan on an Indiana basketball Facebook page.  He was being mouthy about IU not making the tournament even though Archie has had three straight Mr. Basketballs.  It was sweet revenge going back today and asking him about the Top 5 incoming class he was bragging about.

The whole can't make the tournament with 3 straight Mr. Basketballs is stupid.

• We missed the tournament with Romeo.  No argument there.
  • We were going to the tournament with TJD.  In no way can that count as a missed tournament.
  • Leal has not even been played a game at IU..  On what planet can someone judge team success based d on a player who has not even had the opportunity to play?

So, in a nutshell, Archie missed the tournament with 1 of those Mr. Basketballs,

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The whole can't make the tournament with 3 straight Mr. Basketballs is stupid.

• We missed the tournament with Romeo.  No argument there.
  • We were going to the tournament with TJD.  In no way can that count as a missed tournament.
  • Leal has not even been played a game at IU..  On what planet can someone judge team success bawd on a player who has not even had teh opportunity to play?

So, in a nutshell, Archie missed the tournament with 1 of those Mr. Basketballs,

Yep. When fans of other schools start grasping at some stat or weird manipulation of data.....tells me they know as well as we do what's on the way. The hatred of IU still after so many years is nothing short of the biggest compliment they can give us. 

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Might be. Time will tell I guess. Ayo's Dad said tonight 98-99% chance he's staying in NBA draft. I think the crushing blow will be when Kofi stays in as well. Underwood has a couple talented guys coming in but freshman are still freshman. As tough as the Big 10 will be next year again....not good to be young.

Agree Kofi would be the bigger loss - both literally and figuratively. The guards we have coming in are good, though young. We've got only Giorgi if Kofi leaves and he's just nowhere near as good on defense.

On your post about Ayo returning and getting into the first round. It's possible but not sure how likely that really is. I think the biggest area he could shore up is 3 point shooting. On the summer trip the team took to Italy he shot 10-23 from the international line. But then this past season once again he was back down to around 30%. And I'm guessing that injury scare he had in the MSU game might weigh on his mind. If it wasn't for the pandemic and associated uncertainty I think that 98-99% would be 100%. And I think some team will take a chance on him in the 2nd round.

I don't get what makes Romeo superior to Ayo.  Romeo is an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier but that can change quickly.  

Final college season comparison

Identical stats literally within .1 of a point.  Romeo plus one board.  Ayo plus one assist.  Ayo +4% from field.  Ayo on a better team and still putting up numbers.  I saw multiple times Ayo go clutch in crunch time.  Romeo had a few clutch moments as well.  If I'm a GM I'm grabbing that dude anywhere after 10, don't care what anyone else is saying, especially not some tools on a website.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't get what makes Romeo superior to Ayo.  Romeo is an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier but that can change quickly.  

Final college season comparison

Identical stats literally within .1 of a point.  Romeo plus one board.  Ayo plus one assist.  Ayo +4% from field.  Ayo on a better team and still putting up numbers.  I saw multiple times Ayo go clutch in crunch time.  Romeo had a few clutch moments as well.  If I'm a GM I'm grabbing that dude anywhere after 10, don't care what anyone else is saying, especially not some tools on a website.  

Besides the extra 35 lbs and being taller....and one of the highest ever finishing at the rim percentages in college hoops the past few years. I guess ask Brad Stevens why. Ayo's shot release is low and his handles are suspect. Not saying he's a bad player....but is Ayo in Romeo's company? No. Especially since Romeo did everything his only year in college with a broken hand as well unreal pressure on a kid like Romeo vs Ayo? To use your example yesterday with a little twist....it's Central Park vs a small 1 bedroom efficiency. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Besides the extra 35 lbs and being taller....and one of the highest ever finishing at the rim percentages in college hoops the past few years. I guess ask Brad Stevens why. Ayo's shot release is low and his handles are suspect. Not saying he's a bad player....but is Ayo in Romeo's company? No. Especially since Romeo did everything his only year in college with a broken hand as well unreal pressure on a kid like Romeo vs Ayo? To use your example yesterday with a little twist....it's Central Park vs a small 1 bedroom efficiency. 

And time will tell.  

On 4/16/2020 at 9:06 AM, NCHoosier32 said:

it would definitely be something to be proud of!  he is the only person i may admit actually hates Purdouche more than me!  he is always overly positive about every recruit we sign.  he is waaaay more optimistic than i am.  i need that sometimes!  

Well as much as I hate Pudouche, I hate KY 10 times over and that's where the real rivalry exists.  Purdouche has ZERO ships, let me repeat that Purdouche has ZERO ships and I could care less about the recent success they had as I truly believe this pendulum is about to swing heavily in our favor.  I'm usually pretty darn optimistic about most recruits, especially In State Recruits, but I can't help to feel disappointed with the results so far that includes the "Movement", Zeller, Vonleh and the ultimate Shakespeare disappointment in Romeo!  TJD showed he has the skills to be NPOY capability but until CAM gets this team to buy in, it will be another disappointment.  I'm hoping all the cancers are gone and every player on this team has truly bought in as I finally see some great times ahead!  Its great to have the name "Hoosier" in our profile!

I don't even to know where to put this. I'll try here. Rob/Al/Justin/TJD/Brunk/Smith/Race/Jerome/Armaan/Damezi....with Leal, Galloway, Geronimo. Add Lander. Have Logan on the way and if the tea leaves are right a couple others as well. Maybe it's boredom but this is going to be as collectively strong as a team since 2002. 5-6  4 star (if not more) guys peppered with elite. I honestly can't wait for our future when the world gets back to normal. 

Archived