Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
milehiiu

IU/Duke Game thread

Just now, JerseyHoosier said:

I'm guessing we'll be hearing from a certain poster about that Rojo pass. 

just block him, its obviously nothing but negative energy flowing from that source. 

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

I'm guessing we'll be hearing from a certain poster about that Rojo pass. 

No that GREAT D on Allen forgives it all. What a joke. Goodnight.

Just now, Reacher said:

Played them even for 37 minutes 

And FTs. Hit those and we might've won. Davis needs to work on his FT shooting.

Real takeaway for me though, we're improving steadily. We're going to win more games than I thought.

Team played hard. We were beaten by a better team with more talent. If Crean was coaching we would of lost by 30. 

We can't afford to miss the free throws like we do. 

Edited by jefftheref

2 minutes ago, BTown24 said:

Democrat? Millennial? Go back and read big guy, and grow some skin. Will serve you later in life.

no sir 27 year old trumplican. Grayson Allen hit some high degree of difficulty shots. this loss wasnt on RoJo lack of D, go back and watch the game tape. will serve you better when you come here to argue. 

Edited by iRepIU

It’s a shame we didn’t win that game. IU played hard and for the most part played smart. We deserved to win that game, but just flat-out got outtalented. But our guys gave a tremendous effort, and Archie is the real deal. IU wasn’t in that game because a couple guys got ridiculously hot, IU was in the game, with significantly less talent, because IU is a well coached team and the players played hard/smart  

I feel bad for Davis, he played his heart out, but those missed free throws down the stretch pretty much broke IU’s back. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 1

That was an entertaining game. I can live with the result if the EFFORT is there.  This team looks NOTHING like the team ISU beat.

Keep progressing and we'll win plenty...good trajectory. Kinda like Vic's. :P

• Like 1

Not upset with this game at all. 3/4 of the game we played them even. Showed a lot of hustle and heart. Come with that effort and they will steal some at home. Need to hit our free throws at a better clip though. 

Just now, INDenizen said:

HUGE step forward tonight. 

Agreed.  Even though we came up short, we went toe to toe with the #1 team in the country tonight for all but the last 4 min of the game.  There was a lot of good basketball tonight and I'm liking the style of team Archie is coaching.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It’s a shame we didn’t win that game. IU played hard and for the most part played smart. We deserved to win that game, but just flat-out got outtalented. But our guys gave a tremendous effort, and Archie is the real deal. IU wasn’t in that game because a couple guys got ridiculously hot, IU was in the game, with significantly less talent, because IU is a well coached team and the players played hard/smart  

I feel bad for Davis, he played his heart out, but those missed free throws down the stretch pretty much broke IU’s back. 

5 minutes ago, BTown24 said:

No that GREAT D on Allen forgives it all. What a joke. Goodnight.

Allen hit some hella tough shots! At some point you need to give credit where credit is due! ROJO played GREAT D on Allen, he might have scored 50 otherwise!

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It’s a shame we didn’t win that game. IU played hard and for the most part played smart. We deserved to win that game, but just flat-out got outtalented. But our guys gave a tremendous effort, and Archie is the real deal. IU wasn’t in that game because a couple guys got ridiculously hot, IU was in the game, with significantly less talent, but IU is a well coached team and the players played hard/smart  

DD has no confidence at the line...going to cost us down the road if we are going to feed the ball to him down low

Rough ending.....but for the first time this year I feel really good about the chemistry this team is developing. I saw the pieces falling into place up to this game, but we played at a very high level against a team that could easily win the tourney this year. Now it's up to Archie and this team to build on this and take out a quality team in this upcoming schedule. If this happens sooner than later, we could become a dangerous team moving forward. 

• Like 2

I thought RoJo played a great game, especially given that he adjusted his offense when it was clear his jumper wasn’t going, that’s what a senior does. He did still have a couple boneheaded plays, but overall he played a really strong game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

DD has no confidence at the line...going to cost us down the road if we are going to feed the ball to him down low

Which is weird, I remember him being a pretty good free throw shooter last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosrnight said:

Allen hit some hella tough shots! At some point you need to give credit where credit is due! ROJO played GREAT D on Allen, he might have scored 50 otherwise!

Allen was lethal and made the most of his opportunities. 

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I will quote Chronic Hoosier "This team would be scary with a knockdown outside shooter. *sighs* looks to New Albany"

I hope a certain someone in New Albany is looking to Bloomington thinking the same thing ! 

• Like 1