Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
milehiiu

IU/Duke Game thread

5 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Right now, I will take good D and bad shooting for ROJO. He’s been playing damn good D on Allen!

Allen still has 9 points on 3 of 5 shooting. We will need RoJo to play a little better on both ends of the court to match Allens output 

2 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Great half especially when consider Davis not a factor.  Need to get ball inside when playing zone.  Taking too many 3's for my taste.

Apparently the guys aren’t listening to me, I keep telling them to stop jacking the 3s!

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Allen still has 9 points on 3 of 5 shooting. We will need RoJo to play a little better on both ends of the court to match Allens output 

Overall ROJO has kept Allen in check. He made a couple shots with a hand in his grill. Yea I’d love to see ROJO with 20 but if he negates several points with D, I’ll take that all day long!

• Like 1

Really great first half. Guys are playing hard and pretty smart, and Archie has put them in a position to succeed. I’ve said it before, but IU basketball is in great hands!

I thought RoJo played really well, but to win a game like this we’ll need him to get hot offensively. Morgan played well, and did a host of other guys. Interesting to see Archie opt for Hartman and McRoberts over Smith and CuJo, definitely going to for experience. 

Again, just a really well played half for our guys. Not great defensively, but we played hard, just not much you can do with Duke’s size/length. 

Unless someone gets crazy hot from deep for IU, I expect Duke to pull away in the second. First five minutes will be key. But guys, we should be happy. Archie is a coaches, coach. He has done a great job tonight in terms of X’s/O’s. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, iRepIU said:

damn proud of our hoosiers!

Me, too. This Duke team has a lot of very talented players. They don't even need for K to intimidate the refs into making questionable calls as he usually does. Even though it's happening anyway.

you can really tell how prepared this team is for tonight. great job by the coaching staff for getting these guys ready and having a punching chance to win this. 

1 minute ago, Mac said:

Me, too. This Duke team has a lot of very talented players. They don't even need for K to intimidate the refs into making questionable calls as he usually does. Even though it's happening anyway.

their starting 5 are all 1st round picks, our guys are giving them a helluva fight 

No matter the final score.  This team keeps showing tremendous improvement since ISU debacle.  Can't wait until all the players understands Archie Ball.  We will be able to play against anyone.

And now to figure out how to slow down Duke, without Davis gathering fouls. Tough task for sure. Let's hope Archie has some sage advice for these guys. And let's really hope they come out of the locker room without a let down. Can't imagine Duke isn't going to come out swinging.

Not to get off the current game , but two things come to mind watching this.

1.  This is not the same team that pooped the bed against ISU.

2.  With what I have seen from the rest of the B1G, based on our current rate of improvement we have a chance to have a decent conference season.

4 minutes ago, BTown24 said:

Look at that great Rojo DO.o

He’s playing fine defensively, Allen is really good and tough to defend. RoJo has been right there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Not to get off the current game , but two things come to mind watching this.

1.  This is not the same team that pooped the bed against ISU.

2.  With what I have seen from the rest of the B1G, based on our current rate of improvement we have a chance to have a decent conference season.

I totally agree! We have improved a lot since the ISU game. I’ve not been impressed with the B1G in this series! 

Unlike previous years where we fold down the stretch, I think we will be much better later in the year!