General Music Thread

IUFLA

The wife and I really enjoyed the Kacey Musgraves Christmas special the other night. Great guests - Leon Bridges, Lana Del Ray, Camila Cabala, and some Australian dude I never heard of who had an amazing voice. 

Have already broken out the Peanuts Christmas and Phil Spector Christmas (IMHO the best Xmas album, just wish the mastering was better on it) albums as well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I beg of you.  If you have never watched 'A Year Without A Santa Claus', you must watch it, if for no other reason than these two songs.

Heat Miser Song - The Year Without a Santa Claus 1974 - YouTube

Snow Miser Song - The Year Without a Santa Claus 1974 - YouTube

You are on a roll the last couple days. My son (and lesser extent my daughter) makes me play these songs over and over and over again while they dance and sing along. It was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid and it has held up with my kids over time despite the simple nature of the graphics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

You are on a roll the last couple days. My son (and lesser extent my daughter) makes me play these songs over and over and over again while they dance and sing along. It was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid and it has held up with my kids over time despite the simple nature of the graphics.

My kids (who are now teenagers), never got into it.  But, my sister and I have at least one Snow/Heat Miser conversation every holiday season.  Year without a Santa Claus ranks in second place, right behind Charlie Brown on my list of favorite Holiday Specials.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My kids (who are now teenagers), never got into it.  But, my sister and I have at least one Snow/Heat Miser conversation every holiday season.  Year without a Santa Claus ranks in second place, right behind Charlie Brown on my list of favorite Holiday Specials.

Agreed. I think my top 3 growing up were Charlie Brown, This, then Rudolph. I remember as a kid I would get frustrated because we didn't have cable and there was a year or two when it wasn't on tv. My son is 6 now and I have videos of him dancing and singing to this for the past 2/3 years. He prefers snow  miser for what its worth ha. I own the dvd to his FYI.

EDIT: Grinch was up there as well.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Agreed. I think my top 3 growing up were Charlie Brown, This, then Rudolph. I remember as a kid I would get frustrated because we didn't have cable and there was a year or two when it wasn't on tv. My son is 6 now and I have videos of him dancing and singing to this for the past 2/3 years. He prefers snow  miser for what its worth ha. I own the dvd to his FYI.

EDIT: Grinch was up there as well.

I've always been significantly partial to Snow Miser myself. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, IUFLA said:

I know some think he's a little corny, but I love singer/songwriters...nothing like a guy who can put an acoustic guitar on his knee and sing something beautiful...

John Deutcehendorf, known as John DENVER... lived much of his adult life in Aspen, Colorado.

Here is another version of country roads, by what is fast becoming my favorite family out of Branson, Missouri :

Take Me Home, Country Roads - The Petersens 

By the way.. If any HSN member gets a chance to visit West Virginia..... do it. A beautiful state with magnificent highways.

Edited by milehiiu

On 12/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, Lostin76 said:

The wife and I really enjoyed the Kacey Musgraves Christmas special the other night. Great guests - Leon Bridges, Lana Del Ray, Camila Cabala, and some Australian dude I never heard of who had an amazing voice. 

Have already broken out the Peanuts Christmas and Phil Spector Christmas (IMHO the best Xmas album, just wish the mastering was better on it) albums as well.  

Kacey Musgraves is a very good songwriter, and well a good looking woman.  That's all I need. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:05 PM, milehiiu said:

John Deutcehendorf, known as John DENVER... lived much of his adult life in Aspen, Colorado.

Here is another version of country roads, by what is fast becoming my favorite family out of Branson, Missouri :

Take Me Home, Country Roads - The Petersens 

By the way.. If any HSN member gets a chance to visit West Virginia..... do it. A beautiful state with magnificent highways.

Been there and done that more than once. Whitewater rafting in WV. Been to Branson too, and rode those duckie boats whatever their called. 

Have you seen this? Pretty good mash up I think. 

Edited by mrflynn03

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Been there and done that more than once. Whitewater rafting in WV. Been to Branson too, and rode those duckie boats whatever their called. 

Have you seen this? Pretty good mash up I think. 

Branson is pretty neat.  Been to shows there.  But never the Peterson's .

Amarillo By Morning - The Petersens 

Thanks for that mash up.  Loved it.

May GOD bless you.  Stay safe.

Duck boat tours operate in US after July 2018 Branson sinking

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My favorite Gary Allan song, just heard it the other day, it's been awhile 

I think I posted it earlier in the thread, but Gary Allan's 'Best I Ever Had' moves me like no other song.  In my opinion, he is the most underrated Country artist of all time.

Gary Allan - Best I Ever Had (Official Music Video) - YouTube

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think I posted it earlier in the thread, but Gary Allan's 'Best I Ever Had' moves me like no other song.  In my opinion, he is the most underrated Country artist of all time.

Gary Allan - Best I Ever Had (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Completely agree. Saw him and Dierks Bentley in concert at Robert's Stadium in Evansville. Double headliner and had front row tickets.  Awesome show. 

On 12/13/2020 at 6:26 AM, milehiiu said:

Branson is pretty neat.  Been to shows there.  But never the Peterson's .

Amarillo By Morning - The Petersens 

Thanks for that mash up.  Loved it.

May GOD bless you.  Stay safe.

Duck boat tours operate in US after July 2018 Branson sinking

This is Miles last interaction with me. We shared our love of music. 

Just really sad right now. 😔

8 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I’m over half way through....and I wish I liked it but I just don’t. I love McCartney because his song writing is so melodic and this is the opposite. 

I don't know...I like the music, but the lyrics are a bit disappointing...like he's trying to hard to be clever like he was in The Beatle years...I'll listen to it 3 or 4 times more probably in the next few days...It'll either grow or grate on me :)

This is the reason I love Youtube Music...

• Like 1