General Music Thread

IUFLA

7 hours ago, pinkroync said:

I said Morgan Wallen is a douche and my cat comes rubbing her tail agreement. 

He's honestly one I don't get the obsession with.  I think he's a decent artist, not the best I've ever heard but decent enough.  He does seem like kind of a douchenozzle.  And yet aside from Taylor Swift, people are paying bigger premiums for his tickets than anyone I've ever seen?

What's the deal?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's honestly one I don't get the obsession with.  I think he's a decent artist, not the best I've ever heard but decent enough.  He does seem like kind of a douchenozzle.  And yet aside from Taylor Swift, people are paying bigger premiums for his tickets than anyone I've ever seen?

What's the deal?

I really have no idea. 

I paid $20 a ticket for general admission to see Gary Allan and Dierks Bentley back in 2008. We were stageside, standing room only at Roberts Stadium. 

I know times change but how do people afford to go to shows?

I paid $119 each for the dried up owtlaw pothead tour. Which isn't bad at all. Got pretty good seats

1 hour ago, pinkroync said:

I really have no idea. 

I paid $20 a ticket for general admission to see Gary Allan and Dierks Bentley back in 2008. We were stageside, standing room only at Roberts Stadium. 

I know times change but how do people afford to go to shows?

I paid $119 each for the dried up owtlaw pothead tour. Which isn't bad at all. Got pretty good seats

I know of at least one confirmed instance of someone paying $4000 EACH for a pair of Taylor Swift tickets. 

29 minutes ago, pinkroync said:

That's freaking insane!

When Kenny Chesney was Top Dogg I never paid more than $100 per

My office is downtown Cincinnati about 4 blocks from Paycor Stadium, and I swear the Taylor Swift phenomenon must have been like what the Beatles or Elvis must have been like.  The two concerts were Friday and Saturday night.  There were people lining up Wednesday night for when the merchandise truck opened Thursday at noon. 

17 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

My office is downtown Cincinnati about 4 blocks from Paycor Stadium, and I swear the Taylor Swift phenomenon must have been like what the Beatles or Elvis must have been like.  The two concerts were Friday and Saturday night.  There were people lining up Wednesday night for when the merchandise truck opened Thursday at noon. 

Geez, biggest show I've ever been is Monster Trucks at Roberts Stadium 

Wait,my dad took me to the hoosier dome in 1990

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

The big question is...

Is there a Frisch's and/or a Skyline within walking distance?

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The big question is...

Is there a Frisch's and/or a Skyline within walking distance?

Two Skylines: 4th & Sycamore and 6th & Vine.

Frisch's....not really. There's one about 2 miles from the stadium, but not exactly an area the T-Swizzle crowd would want to stroll around in after dark.  Not the worst part of the city, but not exactly hospitable.  Let's put it this way....I would walk there after dark, but I'd be carrying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinkroync said:

Ive I've already told my mom I'm choosing the food.she doesn't eat spicy food or leftovers. Since I paid for tickets and room and gas she's on hook food.

Oh yeah. I'm gonna eat Cincinnati up and hit up Jungle Jims. 

The one food I tell people not to leave Cincy without trying: Graeters ice cream. Yeah, you can tell I’m not a true native since I didn’t say chili, but trust me, it’s the best ice cream in the country. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Two Skylines: 4th & Sycamore and 6th & Vine.

Frisch's....not really. There's one about 2 miles from the stadium, but not exactly an area the T-Swizzle crowd would want to stroll around in after dark.  Not the worst part of the city, but not exactly hospitable.  Let's put it this way....I would walk there after dark, but I'd be carrying. 

When I was a kid growing up, Frisch's was one of only 3 restaurants in Martinsville...And it was a drive up place with the tray on the window deal...Loved a Big Boy...

And when I went with my friends to Riverfront, of course we always had to have some Skyline...

Edited by IUFLA

Just now, IUFLA said:

When I was a kid growing up, Frisch's was one of really only 3 restaurants in Martinsville...And it was a drive up place with the tray on the widow deal...Loved a Big Boy...

And when I went with my friends to Riverfront, of course we always had to have some Skyline...

You can tell I’m not an actual Cincinnati native when I say….I could take or leave either one. I’ve gone to Frisch’s maybe 5 times in 20 years of living here. Nothing against it, just never comes top of mind. 

I do get a chili craving every couple of months, but again, showing my “immigrant” status….I think Skyline and Gold Star are 99% the same and don’t have a preference. If I had to pick a chili joint, it would actually be Dixie Chili in Newport. 

And for the love of all that is holy….get that mustard off my coneys. Yellow mustard is a tool of the devil himself. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The one food I tell people not to leave Cincy without trying: Graeters ice cream. Yeah, you can tell I’m not a true native since I didn’t say chili, but trust me, it’s the best ice cream in the country. 

I've had Graeters before.  Kicks every other ice-cream in the nuts 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When I was a kid growing up, Frisch's was one of only 3 restaurants in Martinsville...And it was a drive up place with the tray on the window deal...Loved a Big Boy...

My bachelor party was very disorganized to say the least. 

My friend Nick from Greensburg,In. His last name was Obermeyer, but we called him Oberpussy, took us took us to a Big a Boy in Danville,IL. I'm like WTF Is this. Is was good 

There is a line in Indiana where southern culture meets northern culture 

1 hour ago, pinkroync said:

I've had Graeters before.  Kicks every other ice-cream in the nuts 

I remember the first time I had Ice Cream in Russia it was like holy moly! I realized they used WHOLE milk maybe even unpasteurized? 

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I remember the first time I had Ice Cream in Russia it was like holy moly! I realized they used WHOLE milk maybe even unpasteurized? 

Whole milk would be a downgrade for Graeters. Stuff is literally the texture of cold, sweetened butter. 

Edit: and it ain’t cheap…like $18/gallon. But god is it good. It’s seriously the only vanilla ice cream I can eat plain. 

11 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Whole milk would be a downgrade for Graeters. Stuff is literally the texture of cold, sweetened butter. 

Edit: and it ain’t cheap…like $18/gallon. But god is it good. It’s seriously the only vanilla ice cream I can eat plain. 

Sugar Butter is that what she calls you?😂