General Music Thread

IUFLA

I know this is a music thread but watched a documentary about original blues artists, some in their 90’s. Kenny plays with some of the great originals. Great music and great history! There is also an album! If you liked the music from the Reacher series some of those songs are in this.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd  10 Days Out: Blues From The Backroads

Edited by Drroogh

• 3 weeks later...

This was in a generic 80s playlist for me this afternoon...always liked Glenn Frey and the first 2 "Beverly Hills Cop" movies ("Before I go, I just want to say one thing. The supercop story... was working. And you guys just messed it up. I'm still trying to figure you guys out, but I haven't yet. But it's cool, though. You just f*** up a perfectly good lie.") 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

We all have songs that mean something specific to us.  This one was on the radio back in the mid-90's when an opportunity was presented to me that I did not take.  I don't have many regrets, but missing out on that opportunity is one of biggest, if not the biggest, of my life.  In hindsight, it totally changed me as a person.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Saw and met this guy at North Daviess high school in 1994. I'm currently working in a factory building American made furniture. Reapplied at my previous employer yesterday. My former supervisor and coworkers want me back. 🤞 

Is your previous employer the vaccine maker?  What's the deal with them?  They still around?

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yeah. They're still there. They laid off 150 in June.  I just reapplied for another weekend position. 

Good luck.  You will land on your feet.  In the meantime,  building furniture is a skill and gives daily satisfaction of a job well done and completed.   Don't  know the pay but American made is hard to find.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Good luck.  You will land on your feet.  In the meantime,  building furniture is a skill and gives daily satisfaction of a job well done and completed.   Don't  know the pay but American made is hard to find.  

Thanks. Pay isn't too bad. It's not too physical but enough to get a dopamine release.

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

how is this possible?

THAT....is some very real talent !!

Couple of observations. He made it look simple. The great ones always do.

Rarely did he look at the left hand, which most guitarists do all the time. Means he probably could play this in his sleep because he's practiced it so much.

Look at his finger nails on his right hand vs his left.

And to top it off....he looks like he's 14 !!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DWB said:

THAT....is some very real talent !!

Couple of observations. He made it look simple. The great ones always do.

Rarely did he look at the left hand, which most guitarists do all the time. Means he probably could play this in his sleep because he's practiced it so much.

Look at his finger nails on his right hand vs his left.

And to top it off....he looks like he's 14 !!

He has a whole bunch of songs on YouTube if you want to go down the wormhole. 

• Like 1

My baby girl started her Senior year of high school yesterday (we start early here in Southern Indiana).  For the last two years, all she's talked about is how she can't wait to get to college, so she can begin her quest to conquer the world.  Dad, on the other hand, has been dreading when that moment comes. 

Heard this song on the radio for the first time in years this morning (after a 10-12 year break, I'm kind of on a Country Music kick right now).  Anyway, I teared up in the car while listening to the song.  And, I've determined I'm going to play it for her tonight.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not sure if I've ever mentioned before, but Dwight Yoakum is up there. Probably in my top 5 artists. 

I heard a Yoakum song on the radio the other day and thought to myself I needed to put it on this thread.  Just never got around to doing it.   

• Like 1