General Music Thread

IUFLA

For any of you Chicago fans, (and CTA), there is a pretty good band that has done covers of some of Chicago's songs. Band is called Leonoid and Friends. Not creative, but damn good. Would recommend listening to "Beginnings" and "Street Player" in particular on YT.

9 minutes ago, DWB said:

For any of you Chicago fans, (and CTA), there is a pretty good band that has done covers of some of Chicago's songs. Band is called Leonoid and Friends. Not creative, but damn good. Would recommend listening to "Beginnings" and "Street Player" in particular on YT.

So a neighbor up here at the cabin her family has been neighbors of ours for 5 generations, she helped found the group Cover Girls Violin Show. A member of Chicago’s management heard them, one thing led to another and they ended up performing several shows on stage with Chicago!! Look them up!

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

My Daughter-in-Law just posted they scored tickets!

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Consider themselves lucky! I know about 50 who are all on waitlist. Now the cheapest I'm finding so far is $1350 in the 600 level of LOS.

The Fouls women (Wife, Step-Daughter, Daughter) were fortunate to snag tickets.  All three originally applied (each application that makes it through can ultimately purchase up to 4 tickets).  Wife and Daughter were put on the Wait List.  Luckily, Step-Daughter was able to secure a 'code' for the opportunity to join thousands of others in the race to purchase what was available during a 30-minute window Friday afternoon.  She was confirmed as having tickets at about the 20-minute mark of that window.  Cost was reasonable since it was part of the original sale.  

My wallet's a little lighter, but there's a lot less stress in the house now.  They had previously failed trying to get tickets for the Cincinnati show from earlier this summer.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Fouls women (Wife, Step-Daughter, Daughter) were fortunate to snag tickets.  All three originally applied (each application that makes it through can ultimately purchase up to 4 tickets).  Wife and Daughter were put on the Wait List.  Luckily, Step-Daughter was able to secure a 'code' for the opportunity to join thousands of others in the race to purchase what was available during a 30-minute window Friday afternoon.  She was confirmed as having tickets at about the 20-minute mark of that window.  Cost was reasonable since it was part of the original sale.  

My wallet's a little lighter, but there's a lot less stress in the house now.  They had previously failed trying to get tickets for the Cincinnati show from earlier this summer.  

Glad someone got in. I know we aren't missing so just trying to figure out how and where to score the tickets. Taylor loves Indy and wanted Indy to be on the first leg but between the Colts and some other stuff the city couldn't make it work this year which is why Indy was added for next year.

Taylor's tour here the last time set an all time Lucas Oil record and it was the first time she set any records for football stadiums/concerts attendance and has again always loved Indy.

I know most of the hotels downtown haven't even started accepting reservations. They don't know even know where to set the prices at yet I guess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who are some of your favorites? Pearl Jam is one, I'm guessing...

Yep…

From back in the day, Doobies, Kansas, CSN. John Fogerty. Hendrix, Petty, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin.

Like several of the 90’s Alternative bands. Pearl Jam, anything Chris Cornell, most of the Chili Peppers, Counting Crows, Cranberries I like Bare Naked Ladies , Jack Johnson.

Current stuff, I really like Caamp, some of Bon Iver, a guy named Amos Lee

I have started to listen to some country recently.Chris Stapleton probably my favorite. Lady A, Aldean, Luke Bryant.

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

From back in the day, Doobies, Kansas, CSN. John Fogerty. Hendrix, Petty, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin.

Like all of those..."What were Once Vices are Now Habits" is one of my very favorite LPs...Not one bad track on it...

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Like several of the 90’s Alternative bands. Pearl Jam, anything Chris Cornell, most of the Chili Peppers, Counting Crows, Cranberries I like Bare Naked Ladies , Jack Johnson.

I was training a kid from Seattle in the early 90s, and he turned me on to the grunge scene early...Alice in Chains is probably my favorite...

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Current stuff, I really like Caamp, some of Bon Iver, a guy named Amos Lee

I'll give some of those a listen...

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have started to listen to some country recently.Chris Stapleton probably my favorite. Lady A, Aldean, Luke Bryant.

I listen to some country, mainly because my wife likes acts like Dierks Bentley and Chris Young...

As for "Some Girls" when it came out, my friends and I, to the man, thought it was a cop out to disco...my position has softened on it a little, but my own personal opinion is the Stones were better putting their own stamp on being bluesy ("Sweet Virginia, "Prodigal Son") or flat out rocking ("Rocks Off," "Stray Cat Blues") than trending with the times...