General Music Thread

IUFLA

21 hours ago, Drroogh said:

No offense brother and thanks for bumping this thread, but every time Browne is mentioned my mind goes to Savoy Brown. Interesting that at the end credits it seems that Fleetwood Mac was part of the act?

I'll see your Savoy Brown, and raise you a Brownsville Station 😉 

• Haha 1

I guess this fits in here, but I'm a novice guitar player trying to teach myself. I've taken a few lessons over the years, but haven't really given it much devoted effort until about a month ago. I downloaded the Gibson Guitar App (I paid for the year-long premium version) and am really enjoying it. It's a real version of Guitar Hero, with an interface and progression of skills that is challenging, but fun.

Curious if others have tried it and what you think about it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Not Train's most well-known song, but I think it's their best song.

Love Train. I saw them open for MatchBox20. In 2001-2002ish. After they performed, Pat Monahan (lead singer) was fantastically humble in a genuine fashion in receiving the bands praises before leaving the stage. It’s hard to explain but it left a mark with me.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Love Train. I saw them open for MatchBox20. In 2001-2002ish. After they performed, Pat Monahan (lead singer) was fantastically humble in a genuine fashion in receiving the bands praises before leaving the stage. It’s hard to explain but it left a mark with me.  

I had a former co-worker, who through a connection his wife had at the venue Train was performing at in Chicago, got to go backstage after a concert.  The band not only graciously welcomed them backstage, but invited them to go out on the town with them afterwards.  He said they couldn't have been a nicer group of guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not much on country music, but it's ok... Just like rock better... My wife likes it, and her B-day is coming up in March...Bought tickets to see these guys at the Houston Rodeo on 3/1 for her...

They put on a helluva show. Saw them several years ago in Indy, and they had 5 opening acts (all really good) and then their hour long set. It was an all day, all night affair. Any idea who the opening act(s) are for them?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DWB said:

They put on a helluva show. Saw them several years ago in Indy, and they had 5 opening acts (all really good) and then their hour long set. It was an all day, all night affair. Any idea who the opening act(s) are for them?

These guys... 

IMG_20200309_201344_MP.thumb.jpg.a114da4b0a1fcab7d533dcfafb749288.jpg

And these guys...😁

IMG_20200309_191658_MP.thumb.jpg.b7d344dd8f04157ab9289e836c4ebab1.jpg

It's at NRG at the Houston Rodeo. You watch the Cowboys perform first, then a one act concert...

Last time, in 2020, we saw Chris Young the day before they closed it down because of the pandemic... IMG_20200309_211913.thumb.jpg.b1be3f55dd234707ed1535e05216a773.jpg

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

A long, lonnnnng time ago, we bought tickets to go see Michael Bolton (you young guys are saying "who the hell is that?") and the opening act for him was Celine Dion, before she was Celine Dion. Couldn't even speak English at that point. Bolton warned us to keep an eye on her as she was gonna be BIG. Oh, how true.