General Music Thread

IUFLA

Songs of My Life:  1969

This song contains one of the most well-publicized lyric misunderstandings in music history.  Many people misheard the phrase 'Bad Moon on the Rise' to be 'Bathroom on the Right'.  Alas, I must confess I was one of those who were guilty of hearing it that way.  I honestly did not learn the truth until I was an adult.  I spent my entire teen years wondering how a 'Bathroom on the Right' fit into the rest of the song.

On a side note, John Fogerty may have the most distinctive voice in music.

#24 on the list of top songs of 1969.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1969

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Going to be an interesting evening. Ayden got 2 free tix for he and I to see Megadeth and 5 finger death punch. Glad we in the pavilion too old to do any mosh pits

My favorite 5 finger death punch featuring one of my favorite blues rock guitarists Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Strange I just copied your link and pasted it here. In your defense though,  lately I find getting imbedded videos to work is kind of like putting aluminum foil on rabbit ears.

It never for me from my phone. Still can't switch pages go back , plain sucks to be honest. Thank you for linking it. 

I had not heard much 5 fi ger death punch,  they were much harder than I anticipated 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Songs of My Life:  1970

From the album of the same name, released a month after the Beatles broke up.  My favorite Beatles song.

It’d be so hard for me to commit to my favorite Beatles song because it’s always changing. But one song that always seems to be up there is “Something” - gotta love the George songs. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

It’d be so hard for me to commit to my favorite Beatles song because it’s always changing. But one song that always seems to be up there is “Something” - gotta love the George songs. 

I’m a George song person too. His All Things Must Pass album is up there for me with pretty much any Beatles album. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

"Something" is probably my favorite as well, though there are very few songs in their library that I don't like. I just like to put on one of their albums on the commute to work and listen... Never gets old... 

21 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

I’m a George song person too. His All Things Must Pass album is up there for me with pretty much any Beatles album. 

"All Things Must Pass" this morning it is 🙂...

"Wah-Wah!" 

• Like 1