General Music Thread

IUFLA

30 Days of Mellencamp:  Day 11.  

I'm not all that familiar with the Life, Death, Love and Freedom Album.    After a quick listen to some of the songs, this is the one that stuck with me.  Featuring Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

So relocated last month back to MI again. Close to the grandchildren! One of the perks of finally being retired. This town has not 1 but 2 colleges in it. Picked this song up from the college radio station.

Corrine Bailey Rae “Paris Nights/New York Morning “

Seems most of the people in my apartment building are students, Oh to be 20 again!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

30 Days of Mellencamp:  Day 19

Whenever We Wanted was one of the, if not the, most traditional Rock-N-Roll albums Mellencamp released.  I think that might be @bluegrassIUin front of the mirror.

True story...

I am 100% at the gym reading this post, then saw the guy flex in the mirror and laughed out loud.

Got a few strange looks.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, 5fouls said:

30 Days of Mellencamp:  Day 19

Whenever We Wanted was one of the, if not the, most traditional Rock-N-Roll albums Mellencamp released.  I think that might be @bluegrassIUin front of the mirror.

It is not as great as his classic albums, but this album has a lot of sentimental ties for me and I listen to it frequently and it is a really good album.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, 5fouls said:

30 Days of Mellencamp:  Day 20

My favorite song from the Human Wheels album.  No formal video, but here is a live version performed on Letterman.

Apparently, Letterman had issues with me posting the video here.  So, here is a different version from a concert in Louisville.   Quality of video is not as good as the Letterman video, but whatever.  

• Like 1