Chris Bradberry - JUCO commit

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Size is there. I'm all about shoring up line on both sides of the ball just in case. Not sure of who his offers were but looks really good to me!

He'll play tackle here and has 2 years left, so he is just some depth behind Bedford and Jones.  I like that we brought in somebody with some size and experience to do that.

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

He'll play tackle here and has 2 years left, so he is just some depth behind Bedford and Jones.  I like that we brought in somebody with some size and experience to do that.

Will he be there in the fall?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Will he be there in the fall?

And this is just a thought/stretch. It's not like we have California kids come to IUFB all the time. Because the times are weird...I'm going to keep my eyes on kids who want to play football this fall. I'm not saying California is shutting things down completely....but it's something to think of in the back of the brain. Will kids choose states where football is more likely to happen. 

I can tell you right now I have two friends kids who are signed up to play their first season of college football in Illinois. Strange behind the scene conversations going on between staff and parents.

To answer your original question is yes.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I can tell you right now I have two friends kids who are signed up to play their first season of college football in Illinois. Strange behind the scene conversations going on between staff and parents.

What schools?  I have a few former students who play at some small Illinois schools.

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

What schools?  I have a few former students who play at some small Illinois schools.

Augie, North Park...won't divulge those conversations because like with everything right now....mostly speculation what happens this fall.

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure on this one. According to the announcement in the Ft. Wayne Journal-Gazette this morning, his only other offer was from Texas-San Antonio. 

Feels a little too much like a Bill Lynch reach to me.

I feel like JUCO is usually a toss-up (unless it’s a highly rated guy that all the big programs have offered). I feel like with quite a few JUCO guys, I don’t expect much in their first year as they transition but hopefully you can get some meaningful minutes their last season. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Augie, North Park...won't divulge those conversations because like with everything right now....mostly speculation what happens this fall.

Nice. We've had a couple kids go to Augustana.

As a high school coach in Illinois, I would be really surprised if there are high school sports starting in August. I would assume the same for colleges.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Nice. We've had a couple kids go to Augustana.

As a high school coach in Illinois, I would be really surprised if there are high school sports starting in August. I would assume the same for colleges.

Know plenty at all levels. Really, really hard to get a read on things when JB doesn't know a thing either. No clue how this shakes out on May 11th but if I were guessing...I'd say 50/50 at the very best odds of playing in Illinois this fall. Especially at high school level. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure on this one. According to the announcement in the Ft. Wayne Journal-Gazette this morning, his only other offer was from Texas-San Antonio. 

Feels a little too much like a Bill Lynch reach to me.

I do agree that it seems like a bit of a reach, but I can't imagine there were many options for transfer tackles looking to be a backup for the rest of college.

Best case is that Jones and Bedford stay healthy and we never have to see him on the field.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Know plenty at all levels. Really, really hard to get a read on things when JB doesn't know a thing either. No clue how this shakes out on May 11th but if I were guessing...I'd say 50/50 at the very best odds of playing in Illinois this fall. Especially at high school level. 

I read something a couple days ago that the IHSA might determine it on a sport by sport basis and things like golf could start before other sports.

Archived