Outdoors - Fishing/Hunting/Hiking/Etc

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rico said:

Tammy and I ventured out yesterday afternoon for a few hours.  The pan fish bite was steady.  We ended up bringing home 13.  8 bluegills and 5 crappie.

Steaming to the north on Stafford Lake...

Stafford.jpg

The heck with your boat.  We need more pics of Tammy.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Reacher said:

How about a pic of Jack? My wife is mowing and he hates the tractor so I take him out in the boat to keep him occupied. Nice day to float around and get some sun. 

20200712_120001.jpg

Jack is great. Looks like Jack loves being on the lake.   Our German hates fireworks and thunder.  So I know what you are talking about.... though the mower does not bother either of our dogs.

First week of October my wife is doing her third stint on the Appalachian Trail. She will spend about 10 days up in the Smokey Mountains.  I am her chauffeur so after dropping her off at Fontana Dam, North Carolina I will head to Knoxville and spend a week with my son and my grandkids.    

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

First week of October my wife is doing her third stint on the Appalachian Trail. She will spend about 10 days up in the Smokey Mountains.  I am her chauffeur so after dropping her off at Fontana Dam, North Carolina I will head to Knoxville and spend a week with my son and my grandkids.    

The Appalachian trail is something I've been interested in doing at some point. Thru hiking would be my top choice but section hiking seems more realistic.  

So does your wife camp on the trail whole stint or make trips into towns?

Edited by mrflynn03

28 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The Appalachian trail is something I've been interested in doing at some point. Thru hiking would be my top choice but section hiking seems more realistic.  

So does your wife camp on the trail whole stint or make trips into towns?

She stays on the trail. Occasionally she will go into towns to do laundry and shower. She did a stint in February and got into some really cold weather with heavy snow. I think she is crazy but she loves it

• Like 2