National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No we haven't...and sorry, work happens so I couldn't respond.

I am not communicating this very well. I am not looking at what could have happened in the past. My concern is with the guy's take that regardless of whether two teams were on equal footing, the program with the better off the field stuff, the larger fanbase who travels better, should go. To me, this takes away any incentive for upstart programs to spend to get to the top, if they feel it's gonna always be the old boys' club every year. Part of the reason I like college hoops much better...many  more teams have made it deeper into the tournament.

I agree that an 8 team playoff is where this should be headed. I don't agree that every conference champion should get an automatic bid. For instance, why should a two loss Iowa St. or Oklahoma for that matter, get in over a more deserving team with only 1 loss? Some years a conference will be down--PAC 12 for example. Just because a team wins a mediocre league doesn't mean they should get in.

Idk how you can like a sport "much better" that is this poorly officiated, consistently. It's honestly pathetic how bad CBB is reffed. Stop calling so much. Borderline unwatchable. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Everyone should have to be in a conference. It's just not the same. ND's schedule is hog wash, they don't have to play a 13th game.. it's not an apples to apples comparison. 

Oh, I agree.  But I still say "Go Irish" lol

Maybe it was discussed earlier in thread. If I'm BYU and Cincy I have each other on speed dial after this week. If something happens to Ohio St where either they don't look good or end up not playing.....I get a game scheduled for BYU/Cincy basically telling the CFP folks winner of this game deserves to be in Final 4.

Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it was discussed earlier in thread. If I'm BYU and Cincy I have each other on speed dial after this week. If something happens to Ohio St where either they don't look good or end up not playing.....I get a game scheduled for BYU/Cincy basically telling the CFP folks winner of this game deserves to be in Final 4.

Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

I'd love it. 

Archived