National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

Liberty has Covid.  Game cancelled with Coastal Carolina.  Instead it will be C.C. vs. BYU.

I would love to see teams quit scheduling so far into the future.  I hate how games are scheduled years in advance.  Our schedule is set through 2025.

Things are obviously a lot different in a normal year with cities and stadiums having to prepare for fans, but scheduling 5 years out is a joke.  How much fun would it be to have teams schedule games in the spring of that same year.  BYU fans mad about getting left out of the playoff?  Schedule tougher games for the next year.

IU suddenly bursts onto the scene and is no longer worried about needing cupcakes to get to 6 wins?  Don't schedule the SCLSU Mud Dogs.

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That was insane 

Just like the Super bowl where the titans was 1 yard short on the last play.  By playing this game it probably cost BYU any chance of a major bowl.  They agree to play this game 3 days ago and had to go across country to play this game.  It would have been easy for BYU to stay at 9-0 and not play this game.

I was wondering if the Power 5 conference does split with the NCAA for football only how will that effect the athletic department.  I was listening to CBS radio and Tieke Barber was talking about how this would effect how they govern football and the money coming in.  He made it sound like football would be a separate entity than the other sports and football would get all the money that football would raise.  I would still think the IU athletic department would still get all that money and do with it how they usually do.

I also wonder how this would effect our non conference games because I wouldn't think you could play anybody that was still in the NCAA.  So would we have to play all of our non conference games against power 5 schools.  Also who would govern these teams and will there actually be rules to go by. Would they be able to get players how ever they would want.

Archived