National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, USC will be undefeated assuming that they beat Washington in the PAC-12 championship game, yet they are basically being dismissed by the CFP committee. Their resume compares equally to OSU, yet the Buckeyes seem to be the presumptive 4th team... again assuming that they beat Northwestern. The record of OSU’s opponents other than us is 10-20. Rutgers won Saturday to finish at 3-5 and they have the 4th best record in the B1G.

The committee has royally screwed this up. The name brands are getting in regardless. 

What a cluster 

36 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, USC will be undefeated assuming that they beat Washington in the PAC-12 championship game, yet they are basically being dismissed by the CFP committee. Their resume compares equally to OSU, yet the Buckeyes seem to be the presumptive 4th team... again assuming that they beat Northwestern. The record of OSU’s opponents other than us is 10-20. Rutgers won Saturday to finish at 3-5 and they have the 4th best record in the B1G.

The committee has royally screwed this up. The name brands are getting in regardless. 

What a cluster 

Saw on ESPN that USC has like a 48% chance of making the playoffs.  Probably shouldn't look at those stats because last week it gave IU the 5th best chance to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What a cluster 

Their resumes aren't even close.  USC squeaked by a 1-2 Arizona State, an 0-5 Arizona, and a 3-3 UCLA.  OSU has dominated everyone they've played with our game being the only one that was close.  Beating IU is miles ahead of anything USC has.

USC's combined opponents record is 7-14 compared to OSU at 16-21.  USC's average margin of victory is 10.2, and OSU's is 23.4.  OSU would probably be a 3 touchdown favorite against USC.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Absolutely nothing, probably talking about their win against Alabama 7 years ago in the Iron Bowl

You do realize he beat them last year, is 3-5 against them, which the best winning percentage of any SEC team against bama in that time frame. Also beaten them 3 times when they were in the top 5. Yeah 3-5 is bad, but in that same time frame bama has 4 losses total to everyone else in the SEC, they must be dreaming to replicate that until Saban is gone. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

You do realize he beat them last year, is 3-5 against them, which the best winning percentage of any SEC team against bama in that time frame. Also beaten them 3 times when they were in the top 5. Yeah 3-5 is bad, but in that same time frame bama has 4 losses total to everyone else in the SEC, they must be dreaming to replicate that until Saban is gone. 

They beat Alabama last year? I did not know that, wow

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Didn't Freeze beat 'Bama twice?

4 hours ago, rico said:

Then he has to be Auburn's pick, right?

Idk. Good track record of the actual team on the field. Would of loved him at Tennessee before Pruitt..and even now I’d switch them.. seems like a rough spot being in bamas backyard but they have had success before. Idk who else is gonna give you the offense to compete. I wouldn’t go with a defensive guy like Steele, or Venables. But that’s just me.

52 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Idk. Good track record of the actual team on the field. Would of loved him at Tennessee before Pruitt..and even now I’d switch them.. seems like a rough spot being in bamas backyard but they have had success before. Idk who else is gonna give you the offense to compete. I wouldn’t go with a defensive guy like Steele, or Venables. But that’s just me.

Nah, I ain't just you.  To beat the 'Bamas and tOSUs you have to be able to score with them.

Archived