Flea Markets/Estate Sales/Yard Sales

BeerBQ

5 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I shop manufacturing business liquidation/ surplus auctions. Last year I found a pilot/ test manufacturing line for IV catheters, by pure blind luck. I was familiar with the line as it was from one of my customers. It had 2 very specific pieces in it that only a very VERY few people would know about. I bought the whole line (original price would have been north of $2mill) for $7,500. I sold the 2 specific pieces for $50k. I'm still selling off other pieces.

Absolutely killed my tax's this year!  

Part of it all is not just recognizing the opportunity, but knowing where to sell it! Well done! As my Russian Friend says "You can always find somebody willing to take your money, the trick is finding the one that will give you what you want!"

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Don't know where to put this but it is market related. A question for @Seeking6 because if I recall he mentioned indy city market.

Recently was at the Indy City Market where the old Market Square Garden was. Is that the market you've mentioned?  I expected more. Maybe I went at the wrong time or there is another one?

I usually go to the Carmel Farmer's Market. Haven't been to the Indy City Market in years. 

• Like 1