Jump to content

Season Opener - Tennessee Tech


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Really want to see Hunter given the -- appropriate -- opportunity to shoot more from deep. Sounds like he will get a longer leash, hope that pans out, he can shoot. Though not quoted in your article, CAM also called him 'unique' as to his 3--point shooting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not confirmed, but makes sense based on coaching connections. https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-hoosiers-appear-on-tennessee-techs-schedule-in-nov-25-season-opening-slot/

I am looking forward to Lander and Hunter the most.  

Game day! Never has an off-season felt so long. Sure it was a couple of weeks longer but it felt like a couple of months longer.  Who are you most excited to see tonight? I’ve made no secret

Posted Images

Excited to watch some IU basketball. Honestly this year has been so crazy that I’m just thankful we all get to watch the team play. Specifically I’m excited to see how improved Franklin is. Listened to DD and Greenberg Big Ten preview podcast and evidently Franklin is up 12-14lbs from last season. Hope he has improved his shot and the added strength should help finishing around the rim through contact. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What I a most looking forward to is actually watching IU and college basketball today

Hunkered down in my man cave. BTN on my Roku. Starting out with Nebraska.... and have a plan to watch each and every BIG game today.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hunkered down in my man cave. BTN on my Roku. Starting out with Nebraska.... and have a plan to watch each and every BIG game today.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Hopefully Hoiberg isn't wandering the sidelines with flu like symptoms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm most excited to see Race and Armaan.

I don't know what it is, but seeing clips of him throughout the off-season, hearing Archie talk about him, seeing him win the gold jersey this week... Something is telling that Race could have a jump like Juwan did from his sophomore to junior year. Maybe not as much statistically, due to this team most likely being a lot better than the team Juwan was on.. But I am REALLY high on Race Thompson.

As for Armaan, it's sort of the same thing. From what I've read, hearing what CAM has said, it really sounds like Armaan could be primed for a big jump as well. I even predicted in another thread that I thought he would start. Maybe not immediately, but at some point during the season. We saw some flashes last year, and I really think he could be an All-B1G level of player soon.

This team is really exciting. Like others said, obviously Lander and Hunter are going to be others that I'm looking forward to seeing as well. Then, the other freshman also. Archie saying Geronimo was the most talented player he's recruited in a long time.. The talk about Galloway being a stud. Haven't heard a whole lot about Leal, but we know the kid can shoot it. I see no reason why, if things go well, this team couldn't be a top 5 team in the B1G and maybe even contend for a B1G title. So excited for tonight. Go Hoosiers!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm most excited to see Lander.  kinda surprised that's not a more popular pick.  he's our highest rated recruit easily and was one of the highest rated in his class until he reclassed.  honestly the thought he would come right in and start and make us better was one of the biggest reasons i thought we'd be any better than we were last year.  also, anyone else hearing Brunk has a sore back?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm most excited to see Lander.  kinda surprised that's not a more popular pick.  he's our highest rated recruit easily and was one of the highest rated in his class until he reclassed.  honestly the thought he would come right in and start and make us better was one of the biggest reasons i thought we'd be any better than we were last year.  also, anyone else hearing Brunk has a sore back?

Archie did say that Brunk has a sore back yesterday

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm most excited to see Lander.  kinda surprised that's not a more popular pick.  he's our highest rated recruit easily and was one of the highest rated in his class until he reclassed.  honestly the thought he would come right in and start and make us better was one of the biggest reasons i thought we'd be any better than we were last year.  also, anyone else hearing Brunk has a sore back?

With the reclass and him being so young, I think we're all a little gun-shy in putting the expectations too high for him. But I agree, he probably has the most raw talent of anyone and is in a position that can transform a team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Obviously excited to see how the newcomers play, but more so how different and cohesive we should look because of the addition by subtraction side of it. 

Good points! Beyond players, I'm looking for an IU team that plays with purpose, plays with confidence and emotion, plays with pace and plays like they're on the same page and understand what they're trying to do as a unit. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Obviously excited to see how the newcomers play, but more so how different and cohesive we should look because of the addition by subtraction side of it. 

+1

I'm hoping the improved chemistry and work ethic shows...

As for Race, I don't see him being a big scorer. Rebound, play defense, and make the hustle plays. After all, he is, at least from what we know at this point, a 6'8" post-up player...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, KDB said:

I think I'm most excited to see Race and Armaan.

I don't know what it is, but seeing clips of him throughout the off-season, hearing Archie talk about him, seeing him win the gold jersey this week... Something is telling that Race could have a jump like Juwan did from his sophomore to junior year. Maybe not as much statistically, due to this team most likely being a lot better than the team Juwan was on.. But I am REALLY high on Race Thompson.

As for Armaan, it's sort of the same thing. From what I've read, hearing what CAM has said, it really sounds like Armaan could be primed for a big jump as well. I even predicted in another thread that I thought he would start. Maybe not immediately, but at some point during the season. We saw some flashes last year, and I really think he could be an All-B1G level of player soon.

This team is really exciting. Like others said, obviously Lander and Hunter are going to be others that I'm looking forward to seeing as well. Then, the other freshman also. Archie saying Geronimo was the most talented player he's recruited in a long time.. The talk about Galloway being a stud. Haven't heard a whole lot about Leal, but we know the kid can shoot it. I see no reason why, if things go well, this team couldn't be a top 5 team in the B1G and maybe even contend for a B1G title. So excited for tonight. Go Hoosiers!

While he did say Geronimo is the most talented he recruited in a long time, he was talking about long term potential not what he is now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm most excited to see Lander.  kinda surprised that's not a more popular pick.  he's our highest rated recruit easily and was one of the highest rated in his class until he reclassed.  honestly the thought he would come right in and start and make us better was one of the biggest reasons i thought we'd be any better than we were last year.  also, anyone else hearing Brunk has a sore back?

I'm with you. Love all the returning guys and our new players as well....but I need to see Lander with my own eyes for a few games to see what type of 5 star he is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...