Big Ten 2020-2021

Just now, IU Scott said:

I totally underestimated UM because I thought they would finish 6th or 7th in the league. I question the hiring of Howard and not all the way sold yet but he had them playing do well right now

The offense looks exactly the same...just as effective. The defense is what has surprised me.

Just now, IUFLA said:

It was 26-23 Michigan and they turned up their D and go on a 14-0 run...

Wisconsin looks very flustered...

Ā 

Look at the difference guarding Trice. Michigan has a guy that is like 3 inches taller and can keep up with him...he has no answer. Big difference then a smaller Rob on him.Ā 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wisconsin legs look gone. Look like us in the second half the other day. Wonder if that double OT game is having an effect. Kinda like the old saying playing Alabama is like two losses...losing to them and then the next week because you were physically beat down.

Might be since all of the UW are receiving social security and might be hard to recover.Ā  As for UW I wonder how many of those seniors will opt to come back next year.Ā  If they all leave then UW next year might be a lot weaker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Might be since all of the UW are receiving social security and might be hard to recover.Ā  As for UW I wonder how many of those seniors will opt to come back next year.Ā  If they all leave then UW next year might be a lot weaker

They just donā€™t have much athleticism. A lot of stiffs on that team. Outside Trice they canā€™t really break you down. Michigan is long and athletic at every position. Defending well. Itā€™s why I am a big fan of bigger longer guards. Rob at 5ā€™11ā€Ā is as good a defender as he can be...but he is extremely limited. Hopefully Lander takes that step next year because with his long arms he is a prototypical pg for our system.

Edited by dgambill

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They just donā€™t have much athleticism. A lot of stiffs on that team. Outside Trice they canā€™t really break you down. Michigan is long and athletic at every position. Defending well. Itā€™s why I am a big fan of bigger longer guards. Rob at 5ā€™11ā€Ā is as good a defender as he can be...but he is extremely limited. Hopefully Lander takes that step next year because with his long arms he is a prototypical pg for our system.

UM pg Smith is not long and athletic but the rest of that team is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was a bit shocked to hear that Dickinson is a 20 year old freshman...do they allow DeMatha to redshirt?

I heard that as well and wonder how that happens.Ā  I guess it depends on when your birthday is and when you started school.Ā  I know I have friends who O graduated with is a full year younger than I .Ā  Also my best friend who I graduated with is like 11 months older than I am.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was a bit shocked to hear that Dickinson is a 20 year old freshman...do they allow DeMatha to redshirt?

I havenā€™t found anything regrading to Dematha, however, I found an news article that DC public schools did allow a 5th year for students. Though it was from 2008

He couldā€™ve been held back at a younger age too

• Like 1