Big Ten 2020-2021

Just now, IUFLA said:

But, but, but, Bob Knight should have STILL won the NC if he was any kind of coach! 

The essential argument is, can 1 player make a difference in a game or a season...

And I think we all know the answer to that one...

Well he did come close to getting to the final four and was still able to beat a very good UL team in the sweet 16.  In the long run if you are without your best player yes it will effect you.  What I am saying is that even without your top players it is proven you can win games.  You keep bring up injuries as an excuse why we are losing all of these games but it is not like we have been without one of our top players for the year.  I would think without Franklin we should still be able to win some games because we still have enough good players to compete.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well he did come close to getting to the final four and was still able to beat a very good UL team in the sweet 16.  In the long run if you are without your best player yes it will effect you.  What I am saying is that even without your top players it is proven you can win games.  You keep bring up injuries as an excuse why we are losing all of these games but it is not like we have been without one of our top players for the year.  I would think without Franklin we should still be able to win some games because we still have enough good players to compete.

Close doesn't count, remember? At least it doesn't when our losses to FSU, or Wisconsin, or Illinois enter into it...

No, your thinly veiled argument is that CAM should win regardless of who is out on the floor. 

You don't have to go into a tizzy anymore Scott...I get it...you want him gone...you can stop with the stupid circular reasoning...

Whether you get your wish or not is the question...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

MSU off to an IU start...down 11-0 to the Twerps.

If MSU loses ... This could go one of two ways for IU ... MSU finally came back to earth with a lot of games in a handful of days and IU has a chance vs them ... or MSU takes this loss out on IU and beats Hoosiers by 20+.  

MSU also had two Michigan games after IU - so hopefully they are looking past the Hoosiers 

Man, there's so much ugly basketball played in college these days.  It's truly very hard to watch.   😡  I understand that the game is changing... but the emphasis on individual play versus team play is just nauseating.  And that's because kids are trying to do things that they really either can't athletically do or haven't really developed the ability to do.  They all want to play like NBA pros...without the skills.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Man, there's so much ugly basketball played in college these days.  It's truly very hard to watch.   😡

Sure is and thank the coaches thinking NBA style offense works with college players.  Also blame the computer geeks and their analytics telling us what is an efficient shot is.  You would think that shooting and scoring would be so much higher with all of these efficient shots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sure is and thank the coaches thinking NBA style offense works with college players.  Also blame the computer geeks and their analytics telling us what is an efficient shot is.  You would think that shooting and scoring would be so much higher with all of these efficient shots.

It's crap, Scott....pure and simple.  They race up and down the floor 90% of the time out of control with no clue/idea WHAT they're going to do.  The absence of thought is so obvious it's laughable!!  The lack of fundamentals is amazing!  

Edited by jv1972iu

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

It's crap, Scott....pure and simple.  They race up and down the floor 90% of the time out of control with no clue/idea WHAT they're going to do.  The absence of thought is so obvious it's laughable!!  The lack of fundamentals is amazing!  

I don't see it as running up and down the court because I think the pace of the game is so slow.  The half court offense is just brutal to watch with guys standing around the 3 point line waiting for a pick and role.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't see it as running up and down the court because I think the pace of the game is so slow.  The half court offense is just brutal to watch with guys standing around the 3 point line waiting for a pick and role.

Haha...no, you're right.  I was thinking of teams trying to fast break and so many have no idea outside of trying to dribble at break neck speed... ending with no passes, just one guy trying to euros step to get a lay up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I don’t think Holtmann is that great of an in game coach. But he’s a good guy, seemingly good recruiter and with player development. He’s a good fit for Ohio state. 

Today's game had a tournament feel at tip-off.  Holtmann will get bounced early if he can't coach up to the moment.