Maryland Pregame 1/4 8:00 pm EST BTN

It’s the 2021 Hoosiers — I think the pieces are starting to fall into place.

The D actually has suffered a bit in B1G play (most notably against PSU), while the offense seems to be slowly rounding into shape. I think we’re going to see a more balanced team against MD and forward.

Of Al, Rob and Jerome, none are shooting over 33 percent from deep in the season, but Al and Rob were more aggressive and scored well against PSU and Jerome played a quiet but effective game - think we’ll see that carry over. They are our best shooters (while AF is pushing that point really well), think they’ll start to hit better now.

TJD is averaging 20 and 8. That’s special. But he has taken plays off defensively and from the last couple games and his body language clear he got called out for it. He has the most fire when he shows it, he can lead by example with the effort to go with his offensive game. Think we’ll see it.

Race has clearly improved and shown flashes — key to our doing better going forward imo is Race bringing it, full game. No deferring, just bring it Race 

Let’s go Hoosiers

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It’s the 2021 Hoosiers — I think the pieces are starting to fall into place.

The D actually has suffered a bit in B1G play (most notably against PSU), while the offense seems to be slowly rounding into shape. I think we’re going to see a more balanced team against MD and forward.

Of Al, Rob and Jerome, none are shooting over 33 percent from deep in the season, but Al and Rob were more aggressive and scored well against PSU and Jerome played a quiet but effective game - think we’ll see that carry over. They are our best shooters (while AF is pushing that point really well), think they’ll start to hit better now.

TJD is averaging 20 and 8. That’s special. But he has taken plays off defensively and from the last couple games and his body language clear he got called out for it. He has the most fire when he shows it, he can lead by example with the effort to go with his offensive game. Think we’ll see it.

Race has clearly improved and shown flashes — key to our doing better going forward imo is Race bringing it, full game. No deferring, just bring it Race 

Let’s go Hoosiers

Cooper Bybee?

35 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

I think this game will be decided by how well Maryland’s interior defense plays. They got pushed around by the 7 footer against Michigan. I think if they contain Davis they have a good shot at beating us. If Davis has a good game then I like IU’s chances. 

I'd add TJD needs to bring it defensively, and we have our offense clicking. Honestly think this could be a turn-the-corner game for us -- the team has been close to turning the corner, it has needed to find itself consistently on both ends, signs point towards our getting there, imo.

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maryland is almost a clone of Penn State, except they shoot from 2 a bit better, but statistics say this will be another close one...

Unless, of course, we step on their throats when we have a 12 point lead instead of letting off the gas...

Archie complained in his pre-game presser that MD "changed their offense" last year before our game. (which I interpret as: Archie got out-coached). He also said their offense "confused us". If the pack-line is the mother of all defenses, and is supposed to work against anything, why is it confusing?

Just sayin....

9 minutes ago, DWB said:

Archie complained in his pre-game presser that MD "changed their offense" last year before our game. (which I interpret as: Archie got out-coached). He also said their offense "confused us". If the pack-line is the mother of all defenses, and is supposed to work against anything, why is it confusing?

Just sayin....

It didn’t come off as complaining to me, but to each their own 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

It didn’t come off as complaining to me, but to each their own 

Actually, I thought he sounded more 'scared'...and then made excuses (complaining in my book) about the offense change by MD last year.

44 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just sayin....

Does any defense work against "anything"?

Coach is being honest. Their style and changes caught the off guard.

But where did he, or anyobdy, say the pack line is the mother of all defenses?

I swear, sometimes people just look for stuff to interpret their own way and show us in a negative way.

Now he us scared?

Archie may have faults. But fear is not one of them.

24 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

But where did he, or anyobdy, say the pack line is the mother of all defenses?

Websters?

Pack Line Defense
[dəˈfens, ˈdēˌfens]

NOUN
  1. the mother of all actions related to defending from or resisting attack.
    "The player could not stop laughing as he scored at will against the pack line defense" · 
    synonyms:

dang.  i may be pessimistic, but not nearly as negative as some!  i think there is a difference.  anyway, i expect to win this game tonight.  kind of count it as a must win.  i have not seen MD play, but it does scare me that they beat Wisc at Wisc and played Mich well.  what is the story there?  what did they do so well in those games?  

BTW - although I want so badly to see Lander pan out quickly, I am not in the camp that he should just suddenly start and play a ton of minutes, but dang I'd like to see him play more tonight!  Really if nothing else because I am curious!  His last 4 games have been 2 minutes, 3, 6, and 3 minutes.  I mean can we not see him for like 3 or 4 minutes a half for starters?  Free Lander! 

Archived