Illinois Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It kills our guards, primarily a guy like Lander that is such a good passer, that TJD and Race can't hit a shot outside the paint. 

Lander could kill it in the high ball screen if those guys could hit a 12ft jumper. 

I’ve always felt like Race is capable. He just doesn’t shoot them hardly ever.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

As bad as the draft tangent they just forced on us was, it still doesn’t approach whatever on earth was that random interview of BRUCE HORNSBY during a game earlier in the year.  I like Hornsby but not during a game. ESPN is whacky.  

And that interview lasted an entire half! Lol

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It kills our guards, primarily a guy like Lander that is such a good passer, that TJD and Race can't hit a shot outside the paint. 

Lander could kill it in the high ball screen if those guys could hit a 12ft jumper. 

I can’t love this enough. If they could hit a 12-15 foot jumper they would have 10-15 wide open shots a game. It collapses the defense and is so hard to operate for them or us to drive inside with our guards. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Would love that action with Hunter. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I can’t love this enough. If they could hit a 12-15 foot jumper they would have 10-15 wide open shots a game. It collapses the defense and is so hard to operate for them or us to drive inside with our guards. 

The pass from Lander to TJD where he took the jumper looked like Isiah to Laimbeer.  Except TJD needs to work on that shot.  He’s throwing up a hope right now.  And that’s being wide open being dared to shoot.   

Archived