MSU Post Game

Hoosierfan1901

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i actually don't have a problem with Miller's subbing.  compared to CTC it is great.  CTC was manic!  we'd play 11-12 guys in close games and sit guys way too long.  

I just don't like having a set time for subs and not looking at what is happening on the court.  That comes from the NBA and never understood that type of subbing.  I use to yell at McMillian with the Pacers because he would lose some games at the start of the 4th quarter.  He would wait until about 6 minutes to go in the game before bring his starters back and the other team wouldn't.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, the ones who transferred were looking for more playing time... particularly Jake and Clifton...

And didn't he bring in Joey Brunk?

I personally think Joey's injury alone has changed this season quite a bit. If we have him, we CAN play 2 bigs and Jerome together. The way it is now, we can't because Jerome is our only front court depth beside a 6'6 freshman...

There’s always a new excuse 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How do you know the freshman will turn out great.  I hope they are but I have not seen anything this year that guarantees they will be great.  

Scott!  it's like we are one!  i hate to say it because everyone seems so high on them, but aren't they all role players other than hopefully Lander and so far he has not been good at all.  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

Scott!  it's like we are one!  i hate to say it because everyone seems so high on them, but aren't they all role players other than hopefully Lander and so far he has not been good at all.  

To me in the future if Leal and Galloway are starters then we are in trouble.  Those two should be two glue guys who come off the bench for a very good team.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just don't like having a set time for subs and not looking at what is happening on the court.  That comes from the NBA and never understood that type of subbing.  I use to yell at McMillian with the Pacers because he would lose some games at the start of the 4th quarter.  He would wait until about 6 minutes to go in the game before bring his starters back and the other team wouldn't.

agree again!  i hate scripted subs.  nearly everyone does it though.  i agree that starters should play a ton of minutes.  always have.  college kids are in good enough condition and you're better playing 1-5 a little tired than 6-10 fresh a lot of times.  Miller isn't as bad as most in my opinion though.  

Personally I think Arch is a good coach... Overly loyal to his players, which in the end will probably cost him his job.  I think he's held onto the belief that rob and Al will turn the corner. To me its not about lack of development,  it's just two players that have topped out. They are who they are. And they are just good enough to get a coach fired.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

agree again!  i hate scripted subs.  nearly everyone does it though.  i agree that starters should play a ton of minutes.  always have.  college kids are in good enough condition and you're better playing 1-5 a little tired than 6-10 fresh a lot of times.  Miller isn't as bad as most in my opinion though.  

I know I never played at a high level but that doesn't matter.  I just hated to come out of a game early if I got off to a really good start.  If I hit a couple of 3's early I knew it was going to be great game and didn't want to come out until I was just to tired or my momentum ended.

4 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Personally I think Arch is a good coach... Overly loyal to his players, which in the end will probably cost him his job.  I think he's held onto the belief that rob and Al will turn the corner. To me its not about lack of development,  it's just two players that have topped out. They are who they are. And they are just good enough to get a coach fired.

Hos worst trait is his stubbornness and not willing to change his philosophy.  The best coaches adjust to their players strengths and not try to implement their system no matter what.  Everyone talks about Scott Drew and at one time he was mainly a matchup zone coach but he changed to a man to man and now their defense is one of the best in the country.

Like I said his out of bounds plays are good and out of time outs are good.  The problem is that we have limited timeouts and can't just take the ball out of bounds under our basket on every play.

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I agree that Al has topped out...Rob has lost his confidence...or at least it's not what it should be...

He may never reach his potential, but he's gonna get his chances...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Sure you do

I will never root for IU to lose and would love to see Archie turn it around because I don't like coaching changes every few years.  I am also not blind so I can see that after 4 years his teams has not improved to get us at least in the top 5 of the conference.  I love the tournament no matter what but is is funnier when IU is in it and never root for them not to get in.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hos worst trait is his stubbornness and not willing to change his philosophy.  The best coaches adjust to their players strengths and not try to implement their system no matter what.  Everyone talks about Scott Drew and at one time he was mainly a matchup zone coach but he changed to a man to man and now their defense is one of the best in the country.

Like I said his out of bounds plays are good and out of time outs are good.  The problem is that we have limited timeouts and can't just take the ball out of bounds under our basket on every play.

His inability to recruit better guards is his problem.   If he had shooters, we are in the top half of the big and ranked.  Al and Rob just aren't good enough, and Lander is far from ready.  We all watch a ton of basketball,  and 95% of all the teams look about the same from a scheme standpoint. who is on the floor playing, makes the coaches look great or mediocre...  

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will never root for IU to lose and would love to see Archie turn it around because I don't like coaching changes every few years.  I am also not blind so I can see that after 4 years his teams has not improved to get us at least in the top 5 of the conference.  I love the tournament no matter what but is is funnier when IU is in it and never root for them not to get in.

Yet you overlook all of the obstacles...the upper classmen in his first 3 years that, beside Juwan, couldn't have led a pack of ants to a picnic. As I said, OUR Ayo is in his second NBA season. We've had injuries and transfers. These are not excuses. They're facts. Couple that with the B1G being ultra tough 2 years in a row, and it's pretty easy to see...

So, do YOU think Brunk's injury had any relevance to this season? It came so late in the preseason how could we have compensated?

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

His inability to recruit better guards is his problem.   If he had shooters, we are in the top half of the big and ranked.  Al and Rob just aren't good enough, and Lander is far from ready.  We all watch a ton of basketball,  and 95% of all the teams look about the same from a scheme standpoint. who is on the floor playing, makes the coaches look great or mediocre...  

We don't have a guy that I trust getting his own shot at the end of the shot clock

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yet you overlook all of the obstacles...the upper classmen in his first 3 years that, beside Juwan, couldn't have led a pack of ants to a picnic. As I said, OUR Ayo is in his second NBA season. We've had injuries and transfers. These are not excuses. They're facts. Couple that with the B1G being ultra tough 2 years in a row, and it's pretty easy to see...

So, do YOU think Brunk's injury had any relevance to this season? It came so late in the preseason how could we have compensated?

I am done  with the lame excuses which I use to make and now see how ridiculous I sounded.  It is funny other teams can over come some obstacles and still win.  OSU lost 2 of their top players from last in year in the Wesson brothers but seem to over come it.  I think Brunk would have made a slight difference but not enough to think we would be in the top of the league.  I remember coming into the season people saying that Brunk minutes needs to go way down and now he is the savior.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am done  with the lame excuses which I use to make and now see how ridiculous I sounded.  It is funny other teams can over come some obstacles and still win.  OSU lost 2 of their top players from last in year in the Wesson brothers but seem to over come it.

You didn't address the questions...

Just now, IUFLA said:

You didn't address the questions...

Look again because I said I don't think Brunk would have made much of a difference in this season.  People was hoping his minutes get reduced to about 10 minutes a game and I don't think we would be in the top of the league with him.  Funny how now he is not playing he is the savior of this team.  The reason we are not winning is Archie's lack of recruiting top guards and that is on him.

Archived